Dell Inspiron 15 - 7000 - 15.6" Wacom AES!

Discussion in 'Dell' started by thatcomicsguy, Apr 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tea and crumpets

Tea and crumpets Scribbler - Standard Member

That last item has international shipping but doesn't show on UK Ebay even though it can be sent here. Is there a setting when you list an item to hide it from sites in other countries?

2. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Good question.

I've always found eBay is a little odd when it comes to how it updates its listings, so I check both .com and .ca when looking for things; it is not uncommon that I'll find listings for items which logically should be available to both sites, but aren't.

Beats me why that is, but it's kind of cool when you come across a "hidden" listing for something you want. Especially when it's priced better than the others. :)

Right now, ebay.ca has several Inspiron 15's at good price points. There was also a core i5 for $511 USD but which I didn't bother to include in my previous post. I figured everybody would get the gist.

3. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

It lists on ebay.it here in Italy.
    Between shipping and import duties it would be around 600€... I admit if I were on the look for a new computer I would definitely buy it. :)

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  4. Tea and crumpets

Tea and crumpets Scribbler - Standard Member

It was my error: I was searching for 'Dell 15 7568' but dropping the '15' showed a couple more results, one of which being that listing.

Tempting. I'm out tonight but I will consider buying it tomorrow if it's still available.

5. Burgundy

Burgundy Scribbler - Standard Member

Damn, this laptop looks like a monster in disguise.

What display panel is used, they keep referring to trulife instead of whether it's TN, VA, or IPS, in description. And how is the screen in general?

I feel the itch to pull the trigger on this, because in comparison the Miix 700 costs almost twice as much compared to this hidden gem of an 15.6inch laptop/tab.

6. thatcomicsguy

The screen looks absolutely amazing to me, -but then you know what I've been used to. :)

This review has more details on the screen performance:
    http://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/laptops/dell-inspiron-15-7000-2-in-1

The short version: It's good but not the best of the best.

Burgundy likes this.
  7. thatcomicsguy

Having done a few more days of penciling and inking on this thing, I am definitely noticing the slight tendency towards slow-line jitter. It's definitely not got the precision of my Tecra M4's EMR system. Nothing beat that for line quality, I am inclined to think.

But with some stabilization and a re-tooling of my hand-eye skills, I'm finding it doesn't really slow me down much.

One thing I am noticing.., I am finding myself inking quite a bit further zoomed out than I normally did on my Tecra. The pixel clarity and density might have something to do with this, or it might just be a combination of the brush engine in MS5/CSP, and the stylus action.

[​IMG]

I was inking this earlier today, and I did the robo-thingy pretty much with the whole frame visible, and it's coming out not bad. Normally, I'd be zoomed a lot further in on my old machine. So this is new for me. (I'd be interested to see what the same experience would be like with that UHD screen...)

(I also figured out how to use the rulers in CSP today. Joy!)

8. blackcat

blackcat Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for sharing!
    I find myself doing the same thing on a Cintiq- I'd zoom in to draw, but for some reason, on my AES tablet, I'd zoom in less...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  9. Burgundy

Burgundy Scribbler - Standard Member

Makes sense, since Ntrig, AES and other similar tech, like last gen UC Logic, were prone to do staircase when drawing really slow, while being really smooth in big faster strokes.

I also tend to draw zoomed out on my yiynova, I guess I would feel right at home with this Dell inspirion then, since I always have to "warm up" when drawing on my SP1 with EMR, which I also draw with zoomed in instead.

Also that screen size. yummy.

From what I read, from your link, it kinda bleeds out on 45 degrees, so I guess it's simply a trade off, and don't know if they meant colours of details in general, which could mean either TN or VA, dunno how PLS bleeds out in high degrees, if at all.

How is it like to draw on, when you simply have a normal chair and table, to sit at? Do you draw in tablet mode, on your lap ect?

10. thatcomicsguy

I'm still learning my way with this device. I've been using it in portrait mode when in couches and such. With a modified button bar in CSP that seems to work. It's not entirely comfortable, but.., what tablet or sketch book ever has been? We make do.

However, when at a table.., I have this wooden contraption I made a few years ago. I carry it around with me in my backpack and it allows me to set up a tablet like a drafting board when I'm at a proper table. (Or if I want to just write or surf, it can also stand a laptop upright so that the screen is at eye level. For either case, I also carry around a USB keyboard.)

It's a fair bit of gear for a backpack, which is one reason I like this new Dell. It's lighter and thinner than what I'm used to.

Burgundy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.