Dell Inspiron 15 - 7000 - 15.6" Wacom AES!

Discussion in 'Dell' started by thatcomicsguy, Apr 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

One tip--GooGone. You only need a little bit on a paper towel and you literally wipe away nasty, tenacious glue residue like just a bit of dirt. :thumbsup:

Works especially well for glue on old stickers that's partially melted/gummy (so its not really adhesive, but 10x harder to wipe away!).

2. Tea and crumpets

Tea and crumpets Scribbler - Standard Member

Searching on the Dell site shows no results but Google links to it. Search for "Dell 15 7568 UK" and it's the first result.

Edit: Link kept bugging out and going through some weird redirect, removed it and explained how to view it instead.

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  3. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Zo
    I use a lot of redundant pixels in case I ever have to blow things up a lot. So I rarely work 1:1

But it's an interesting question. Every artist probably ends up doing something similar, but I'd not really started observing until recently.

Unlike with paper, where we have to adjust to the size of the piece, with digital, we can bring the piece to us. I find myself generally pulling lines into my comfort size; about a 4 to 5 inch square area. I can go smaller, but rarely larger. So why do we need screens larger than 5 square inches? -It's not that I'm physically using the whole of a big Cintiq screen to draw with my whole arm. I still draw fairly tight. But the big screen allows the user to see more of the whole so what you're doing in that 5 inch draw zone isn't psychologically disconnected from the entire picture. (How can you draw Superman leaping over a tall building if you don't know where the building is?)

Though, the screen being large is also a major benefit when doing any kind of ruled line or vector work, where sometimes the handles go off the canvas.

What have you observed in your own practice?

4. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I zoom in and out constantly as I draw and generally work in the center of the screen. I was just wondering if I was doing it wrong. :confused:

5. thatcomicsguy

I think the only wrong way is the one where the artist gives up in frustration and becomes a monk.

6. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

@thatcomicsguy
    Just wanted to chime in and say that comic is great. Love it! :D

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  7. DaniJoy

DaniJoy www.danijoy.com

This is my plan

@Shogmaster @thatcomicsguy thanks for the information. I'm selling my CC2, its out of warantee now. I don't trust Wacom anymore. Going to give this AES tablet a try. Hoping it will replace my iPad Pro.

8. rirawin

rirawin Scribbler - Standard Member

Why isn't this avaliable in the UK:(

9. Tea and crumpets

Tea and crumpets Scribbler - Standard Member

It might appear eventually. For now we will have to rely on Ebay, though it's far from ideal.

10. thatcomicsguy

Tea and crumpets likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.