Dell Canvas 27

Discussion in 'Artists' started by doobiedoobiedum, Jan 14, 2018.

1. CreateNowSleepLater

CreateNowSleepLater Pen Pal - Newbie

I bought a PC for my son with an i5/1060 for $499. I wish I would have bought 2 now. I need a GPU in the worst way for my Cintiq. Actually considering the new Ryzen APU chips but I would love a Ryzen 7 comparable model even though I know it isn't possible.

2. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member

Posted in the Off-Topic section.

Anyhow, since the post I've sort of come to the following as a possible machine. I've taken on board all comments about crazy prices for GPUs now. Same here in the UK - a new Nvidia 1080 is around £1300....

Anyhow, on topic with the Dell - on Friday I tried a couple of my older EMR pens and accuracy was about the same as with the brand new Dell (Wacom) pen. I actually prefer the weighting of the older pens though. My favourite is an older Fujitsu t4215 pen and that is around 11 years old.!

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  3. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

That's sweet!

I'd love to be able to use my old Penabled pens on my Cintiq. They designed those old form factors really well. Wow. That alone makes me want to put a Canvas on my drafting board. -Being able to use the same pens on both my portable and my desktop..? I could use the sloppy "Jar of pens next to my table" system again. :)

(Though, I have a feeling the S-Pen for my current portable would suffer from an offset on the Dell. Psh.)

doobiedoobiedum likes this.
  4. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member

Test.jpg

Can't work out how to link from Flickr to host this quick test done today on the Dell. Can't post on the TabletPC art thread as this has not been anywhere near my tabletpc. All done in Photoshop.

I can tell you coming back down from a 27 inch Wacom screen is going to be hard if we don't buy these screens here...

thatcomicsguy likes this.