Dell Canvas 27

Discussion in 'Artists' started by doobiedoobiedum, Jan 14, 2018.

1. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member

Anyone have any experience of using one regularly?

Any tips or suggestions would be gratefully received.

2. dumbo

dumbo Pen Pal - Newbie

3. AvalonX

AvalonX Scribbler - Standard Member

Even with the non existant marketing, I am surprised there isn't a lot more attention on this device.

doobiedoobiedum likes this.
  4. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

As I said, the price is just too similar to the cintiq 27.
    Also, a display like that is (like the cintiq) uncomfortable to work on at such drawing angle.

doobiedoobiedum likes this.
  5. dumbo

dumbo Pen Pal - Newbie

If new 24" 4k Cintiq is similar price to Dell Canvas then the Wacom product is better pick for me.

6. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member

Hopefully I will be able to have a very extended trial soon and can give you some feedback. The Foundry link was quite informative thanks!

Wierdninja likes this.
  7. AvalonX

I was thinking the same but the verge is reporting a second 24" with no touch. If the 2K price was touchless, it shines a new light on the Dell. A $2,500 touch version of the Cintiq is a different story all together when comparing it to the Canvas.

8. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

They've opened a promotional window. In Canadian Dollars the Canvas base model is $2149 right now. That includes shipping. And (I presume) it's shipped within Canada, which means no cross-border tariff piracy. Tax would be around $300... So just shy of $2500 after all is said and done...

All while bearing in mind that you can't actually buy a premium Wacom Cintiq in Canada without doing a lot of screwing around through third party pie-slice-takers. (Amazon.ca lists the 27 QHD for just under $5000 before shipping and taxes). And just forget Wacom product support from this side of the globe in the Northern Wastes...

http://www.dell.com/en-ca/work/shop/cty/pdp/spd/dell-canvas-kv2718d/s001pdc27usca

"Instant Savings: $1,163.86"

Ugh. That's actually very tempting. Why did this have to come now? I'm trying to save up for a big move in the Spring...

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  9. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Wait, so you're actually still in the market for a Cintiq? Nice. (I thought you had already splurged on the N9P and "that it was it" for the next 10 years. :p)

So, between this an the new 24" Cintiq at $1999 US, you'd still be tempted by the Dell? Any reason specifically or just immediate availability in Canada?

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  10. AvalonX

What is the return policy?
    Be careful, Wacom quietly confirmed on a post that there will be two 24: models. Assume the touch version will be at least a few hundred more.