Dell Active Stylus shipping again...

Discussion in 'Dell' started by metalsiren, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baxter

baxter Scribbler - Standard Member

I have this case with a pen loop that holds the stylus along the top opening of the case. The case cover is held closed magnetically.
    Amazon.com: Fintie Dell Venue 8 Pro (Windows 8.1) Slim Shell Case - Ultra Slim Lightweight Stand Cover (Only Fit DELL Venue 8 Pro Windows 8.1 tablet) - Black: Computers & Accessories

The batteries last about 1 month with very little stylus (A01, Jan 2014) usage. It seems that storage of the stylus in this manner is keeping the stylus active. I am going to try unscrewing the stylus barrel slightly to disconnect the battery when it is in the loop. If this doesn't help, I am going to RMA the stylus. One month battery life with very little usage is unacceptable. This probably translates to your 1 week experience if you are actively using the stylus.

The batteries that I am using are Energizer brand from Amazon. They are marked, "Not for retail trade" and no date.So, it could be weak batteries, but I doubt it.

2. maexchen

maexchen Pen Pal - Newbie

Haha, if mine last two month I'm lucky. The one thing I hope Dell/Synaptics are changing for the "B" revision of the pen is a physical on/off switch.

3. benny90

benny90 Scribbler - Standard Member

The battery that comes with the stylus is cr@p. I put in another and have had it in for a while now with no issues. Probably some bogus Energizer's.

I wouldn't mind an on/off switch, but I'm sure there would be people that would b1tch like crazy about it if there was one.

____

I still think the stylus issues comes down to the digitizer itself rather than the pen. Not that the digitizer is bad but probably the firmware not acting correctly with it on those having issues. That's not including issues with the hover clicks or bad tips though (like with the A00), which is obviously a stylus issue.

Sent from my Venue 8 Pro 5830 using Tapatalk

4. Cirano994

Cirano994 Pen Pal - Newbie

Wrong thread, sorry. :)

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  5. Modred189

Modred189 Scribbler - Standard Member

I had the same problem, but once I was off the gen1 stylus and updated the firmware, this issue disappeared.

6. PECgem

PECgem Scribbler - Standard Member

update again: I received the replacement stylus today which was very fast (its the A01 version built March 2014, the first one I got was A02 built April 2014 which did not do anything). I've done a few tests on this replacement and it works great, can't fault it at all - very pleased with its operation, also pleased with Dell's quick response and correction of the problem - I'll bump them up to an A for their customer service. :thumbsup:

Mikerman and nerdteddy like this.
  7. zdanee

zdanee Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys!
    I just got an A02 stylus, and for the love of God I cannot find where to set the sensetivity. I want to use it for doodleing, but the default setting is a bit hard for my liking. Is there a separate driver I should install to be able to set the pressure sensetivity? Thanks!

8. majortom1981

majortom1981 Pen Pal - Newbie

You cant set the sensitivity. I think its touch panel firmware thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.