Decent tablet PC stand

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by singisumina, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. singisumina

singisumina Pen Pal - Newbie

For those of you looking for a tablet stand (and didn't find one you liked on Frank's Exhaustive guide)...

I'm a student, so I'm constantly looking for ways to improve my workspace and make better use of my X201t. I currently use an external monitor to extend my visual workspace, but I like to use my tablet PC in slate mode even on my desk at home. Thus, I needed to find a stable enough PC stand that could:
    1) prop up my tablet and
    2) be able to write on said stand.
    There are quite a few stands meant to prop up your tablet, but you probably will make it collapse or slide around on your desk if you write a lot/put pressure on it.

That led me to the Rolodex stand (Amazon.com: Rolodex Laptop Stand (82410): Office Products.
    I've been using it for a week now and it's great. At its highest angle, the PC is at a comfortable angle for me to write on, solid enough to not slide around, includes a cord organizer in the back, and overall is a perfect solution for me. It's meant to be kept on your desk, I believe, since it seems a tad heavier than I'd carry around - but I haven't really tried to, so you might find it carry-able.

Hope this helps anyone looking around!

2. pmatulew

pmatulew Scribbler - Standard Member

I've got one of these --> http://www.amazon.com/Rubbermaid-Rolodex-Ventilated-Adjustable-48626/dp/B002QA3XQA/ref=pd_sbs_op_2

It works just fine. Even better since I bought it at a garage sale for $5!

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  3. pmatulew

pmatulew Scribbler - Standard Member

Huh...actually it looks like the same thing!

They must have just re-branded it.:rolleyes:

4. Thom4s

Thom4s Scribbler - Standard Member

Nice, Im looking for something similar, i had my eye on this:
    CompUSA.com | 29528 | Allsop Redmond Notebook Stand, Black

But like you i am worried about the hinge folding when resting my hand on it to draw on the tablet. Your option seems a lot better, thanks for sharing!!!

Pity we dont have the "tradition" of yardsales in europe, $5 is very cheap and im sure a lot of peole have a lot of crap they want to get rid of (and others might want).

5. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

6. welly1

welly1 Pen Pal - Newbie

nice laptop stand, thanks for the tip.

I just bought this one:
    http://www.amazon.com/3M-Adjust-Notebook-Projector-Riser/dp/B0013CB4BI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1288073748&sr=
    8-2

paid 30 for it on ebay.

The reason I chose it is because, when convertible is in slate mode, i use a bluetooth keyboard sometimes to complement the pen input, and with this model, it looked like I could keep the keyb underneath the tablet.

Havent yet tried it (its in the mail) so dont yet know if i can write on it while its on the stand (I hope so!). Will update here.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  7. welly1

welly1 Pen Pal - Newbie

Just wanted to update on this tablet stand. Its pretty fantastic so far, can adjust it to a steep angle for reading on tablet-as-slate, or a flat angle for traditional laptop-style viewing. A keyboard fits underneath it pretty well, i've affixed my bluetooth keyboard to the bottom of the stand with some velcro.

The stand isnt too heavy either, I have it on top of my bed desk, and wobble or etc is not a problem. So far so good.

8. Hexokinase

Hexokinase Pen Pal - Newbie

Just got myself the 3M vertical notebook riser for use with my x201T. It can pretty much fit any tablet pc and can stand fairly steep. If I ever needed it pure vertical I can always pop a book underneath it. The bottom the portions that touch the laptop are rubberized for extra grip.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.