Deals on Windows tablets and convertibles with stylus

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JoeS, Dec 13, 2014.

1. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Every once in a while there are some crazy deals on good devices. If you spot any, please post here. This thread is only intended for windows tablets with stylus, so please make sure the deal is for a model that supports one.

This thread focuses on 'major' sales with many items available, not for individual posts on craigslist and ebay etc. For that, please check the buy&sell section of these forums.

General tips:
    - Check the Lenovo outlet for convertibles and tablets regularly, as well as their eBay store.
    - Have a look at the Fujitsu eBay store.
    - Look for deals in the Microsoft eBay store.
    - Microsoft offers 10% off to students and faculty year-round.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  2. JoeS

Today there are a couple hundred ThinkPad 10 tablets in the Lenovo outlet for $306 for 2GB/64GB, new, 1yr warranty.

[​IMG]

3. JoeS

4. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

Nice list!

JoeS likes this.
  5. JoeS

Thanks! We were just talking about you. In fact I was defending your honor as top poster. :) Anyway, if you have any trick to share on finding the best deals, let me know and I can add them to the first post here.

Edit: found one myself: the buy and sell section on TPCR, which I think is more intended for member to member sales. I edited the OP to emphasize that this thread is for major sales with multiple units available.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
    thatcomicsguy and DRTigerlilly like this.
  6. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

aww thank you:) It's nice to be remembered!

I have actually been looking for some tablet deals myself! will definitely post anything i find.

I've been trying, but just can't make myself love the Surface Pro:oops: Gave it to my sister...

Ideally i'd love the Lenovo Helix (wonder if all the kinks have been ironed out?), it is pricey though!

7. JoeS

You're in good company. e-schreiber and Steve B both just bought a 'model 1' Helix, for $700 and $900 respectively I think.

The Helix 2 is an improvement on almost every front (once the pro keyboard is released in Jan or Feb), but they put a Core M in it, meaning it's not super powerful. I made a list of the H2 vs. the SP3 and of the H2 vs. the H1, maybe it helps.

DRTigerlilly likes this.
  8. aag

aag Pen Pal - Newbie

I really wish they would ship things to Canada and not keep it US based only..

9. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Don't know enough about the details, but doesn't U.S.A.and Canada have a free trade agreement? In Europe they can't refuse shipment to other member states, they can however make it prohibitively expensive, most don't though, they like the expanded business.

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk

10. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I have never had a problem ordering from Canada delivery to the US. Shipping the other way is nearly impossible though. Canadian officials have refused to permit LiPol batteries be shipped in the post, turning them back at customs and many sellers in the US won't ship to Canada due to the fluctuating exchange rates.

BTW, a refurbed 64GB/4GB Q584 Fuji just sold for $336.00 in the outlet. http://www.ebay.com/itm/371208794823?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014