Deal: Smart Keyboard for 10.5" iPad Pro for $80

Discussion in 'Apple/iOS' started by JoeS, Jun 4, 2019.

1. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

2. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Just got off a train from London and the number of iPad Pros seen (with keyboard) was surprisingly high, a lot of the users just didn't strike me as the type who would whip a pencil 1 or 2 out and do some art.
    I read somewhere about a surprisingly low number of Microsoft Surface Pro users who actually use their styli with their tablets and I wonder if this might be similar for the majority of iPad / iPad Pro users. (Not in a competitive - "my OS is bigger / better than yours" but looking at the reality of who the vast majority of the market is)

3. JoeS

Fair question. I don't have the answer, but I can say that with the keyboard I take the Pro 10.5 with me more often to do actual work than before. It's a surprisingly decent experience. So while my inking hasn't really gone down, my typing has definitely gone WAY up.

As for the Target deal, I did a quick cross check on eBay, and TBH there are quite a few offers claiming to be 'new' that come close to this pricing, so no major rush to buy one from Target. One notable difference may be warranty: a fair number of people complain about these keyboards dying, so ensuring that the KB comes with warranty could be important.

doobiedoobiedum likes this.
  4. dellaster

dellaster Technomad Senior Member

JoeS likes this.
  5. JoeS

Good deal on those pens, $50 is reasonable. It seems to be compatible only with Pencil 2 devices though, so no good for iPad Pro 10.5 users like myself. (edit: maybe not?)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  6. dellaster

Really? It says it’s compatible with the iPad mini, 5th gen, which uses the first gen Pencil.

7. JoeS

Not 100% sure, but I didn’t see the first gen iPad Pro or the 10.5 listed as compatible. I guess they could have written “compatible with Pencil gen 1 and 2” if that’s the case, but that would have been too easy..

8. dellaster

Hm, I suppose there must be some reason it works on 2018+ iPads and not earlier models. Too bad.