Deactivating touch in Windows 10

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by Kanthara, Nov 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kanthara

Kanthara Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi!

I have the Toshiba dynaPad and I'm having issues with palm rejection. Before this one, I had an Asus Eee Slate which I loved. It was a Windows 7 machine, and I'd opted to squarely deactivate the touch, doing everything with the stylus instead, to circumvent every time flipping to the eraser screwed up palm rejection. In Windows 7, it's a simple menu screen in the Control Panel, but I can't find the equivalent in Windows 10. My research tells me that I need to deactivate the HID-compliant touch screen through the Device manager. Is this really the only way? And will turning that off interfere with the pen input?

Alternatively, are there options I can switch and adjust somewhere to control palm rejection settings?

Thanks for your input on this!

2. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

What software? Have you played with your OS pen & touch settings and turned on "ignore touch input when using my pen?"

3. Kanthara

Mostly issues with Sketchbook Pro, which I need for work. I just installed Mischief and SAI. In the OS pen and touch settings, there is no option to turn off touch as there was in Windows 7's same window. The option you mention is not on the dialogue box.

4. surfaceproartist

Do you have the Windows 10 anniversary update installed?

5. surfaceproartist

Here's the setting I was referring to above. I believe it was added in the Anniversary Update (1607). If your dynaPad isn't running that, let me know and I can point you to a way to force that update.

[​IMG]

6. Kanthara

Thank you! That option is what I was looking for. I hope this helps and resolves my issues!

7. Kanthara

As for the anniversary update, I know I have the latest update on my tablet. Does this make a difference?

8. surfaceproartist

I think that setting was introduced back in July (1607 aka the Anniversary update) but not all machines got it at first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.