dasKeyboard Finally Makes A Lighted Keyboard

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Steve S, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

Available in January 2017, daskeyboard is running a Kickstarter to help finance their new product.

http://www.theverge.com/circuitbrea...oard-mechanical-keyboard-5q-kickstarter-cloud

I've owned and used an older daskeyboard Professional for years, and I've been almost completely happy with it... except that it isn't illuminated. I would periodically check the daskeyboard site, hoping that a new model might offer this feature, but frustratingly, they didn't seem interested... until just recently. They now have a gaming keyboard with red illumination, but this newer keyboard looks a lot more flexible. I'm not sure about this cloud-connectivity thing, but I've decided to jump in with a pledge. There will be a bit of a wait, but I also managed to save some money; not a bad trade...!

WillAdams and Kumabjorn like this.
  2. Steve S

3. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Just wished they did versions for Swedish and Japanese.

4. Steve S

<<...Just wished they did versions for Swedish and Japanese...>>

...They might offer one or the other (although I would guess that Japanese is more likely than Swedish). During the fundraising, they solicited votes for other languages:

"...You'll be able to choose which language (or none) you would like printed on your extra set of translucent, black keycaps before we ship. Extra set of translucent, black keycaps language options:

· US English
    · UK English
    · German
    ·
    Nordic (NO)
    · Italian
    · French
    · Spanish
    · DVORAK (104 keys)
    · Russian
    · Blank (of course)

Don't worry backers! ...you'll still be able to purchase these extra key caps on our online web store at launch..."

Kumabjorn likes this.
  5. Kumabjorn

I'm resigned to Swedish being a minor language hence not much of a market. Truth be told a U.S. English keyboard works fine with Japanese. They contain some conversion keys that is a holdover from the days of Shift-JIS but no longer needed when we use Unicode.

Balbutio ergo sum

6. Steve S

Another lighted daskeyboard, for those who prefer genuine Cherry switches and a simpler aesthetic:

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/das-keyboard-prime-13-keyboard,32649.html

(Courtesy of TomsHardware site)

PS: Even after years of use, I'm still really happy with my daskeyboard Professional. It's as clicky as ever, and the tactile feel still puts other keyboards to shame!

7. siddhartth

siddhartth Scribbler - Standard Member

Do not they have transliteration Google keyboards software that works with physical Keyboards. In android i can Type in Roman script Keyboards and the text appears in Devnagri script(Hindi). If they Can manage to do that with physical Keyboards that might help. thank you Google to Myscript for making digital word accessible to us MINOR language people.

8. Steve S

9. Steve S

10. Kumabjorn

Yes, when I type in Japanese I do it on an English (U.S.) layout and it transforms it first to hiragana and then to kanji when a whole phrase is entered.