"Dark Mode"

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by doobiedoobiedum, Jun 6, 2019.

1. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I keep reading about this and have to confess I'm behind the curve on this one - what is it?

Does it improve your workflow?

Does it improve your life or computing experience?

Anyone use it?

There was a computer game once where you could play as an evil version of your character - is it something like this?

JoeS likes this.
  2. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

It really improves the experience of checking email in a dark bedroom. Not that we should be doing that. :) It just turns a lot of the UI from black font on white background to white font on dark gray background. Added benefit for the latest iphones: lower power use due to the AMOLED displays, where each pixel is a little ‘lamp’, in which case a darker UI means less power needed to light the screen.

doobiedoobiedum likes this.
  3. KlickSter123

KlickSter123 Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't think it affects my workflow in any way, but I do prefer dark mode as it easier to the eyes.

4. WhenUtry

WhenUtry Pen Pal - Newbie

I would say that the option for dark mode improves my life somehow, nothing drastic. I like that it saves battery so I don't always need a charger nearby, and it also does not hurt my vision as much as the opposite would - not sure if this is like placebo but that has been my experience so far.