Customizing tablet Buttons

Discussion in 'Software' started by Tallon, Jul 3, 2011.

1. christian15213

christian15213 Scribbler - Standard Member

it kills me but what is the button on the c140x that is the little arrow thing?

2. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

3. D'oh!

D'oh! Pen Pal - Newbie

Since we are on this subject....

The journal button on my Gateway is configured to open the Journal, even though the button icon represents the Windows mobility center, according to the manual.

I'd like it to open the Windows mobility center, only that doesn't show up as an option under the control panel. So I assume I need to configure the button to run a program--but I can't figure out what the name of the executable for the Windows mobility center is.

Could some one who has this button configured for the mobility center tell me what the program name is by looking at what is configured on the control panel for the button?

Thanks for any help you folks can give me.

4. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

D'oh!: I'll help you with the location of the Windows Mobility Center :)

C:\Windows\System32\mblctr.exe

5. christian15213

christian15213 Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks the mode key is kinda cool. I see now what it does. You actually configure it by configuring the 2nd mode per se. Makes sense. It is like giving the mode key an additional 4 buttons. but the enter is still enter always. I.e. as well, the if you choose the "press and hold" options that is like additional help keys. So these buttons up front configure quit a bit. Cool.

6. D'oh!

D'oh! Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks, SimsHsia.

I looked all through System32 but didn't see anything I thought could be it. Must have been blind. D'oh!!!

7. kureshii

kureshii Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

This works for my T4210 as well; as far as I can tell it should work for other tablet models as well.

For XP Tablet Edition, the settings can be found in [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/TabletPC/TabletButtons]

This is what I managed to map from the T4210 buttons:

0: PgDn (A) button
    1: PgUp (B) button
    2: Rotate button
    3: Brightness Down (Fn+F6 on keyboard)
    4: Brightness Up (FN+F7 on keyboard)
    5: Orientation button (switching between laptop and tablet mode [Frank])
    6: Undock (on removing tablet from port replicator)
    7: Dock (on docking tablet with port replicator)
    8: Fn+A shortcut
    9: Fn+B shortcut
    10: Fn+Rotate shortcut
    11: Fn+Fn shortcut (opens Fujitsu Menu by default)

I've attached a registry tweak I wrote for this (for future reformats), it is set to unlock options 0-2, 8-11. If you want a different config just right-click the file and edit it with notepad; add new entries for options you want to unlock, and set NoUI to 1 if you want to hide that particular option.

I also moved this to the Software section since it seems to work on multiple tablets.

[edit] Thanks for the info Frank. I've also verified 6 & 7: apparently they are triggers that occur when docking/undocking the tablet from the port replicator. If you want to launch backup software or an audio player once you dock it, this is the one to look at.

Attached Files:

8. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Nice done.
    The 5: Orientation button (unknown?) is the "button" which gets "pressed" if you turn your screen from laptop to tablet mode or backwards. So you could define to start maybe Firefox if you turn your screen around :D

What the dock buttons are, no idea.

And thank you for the file.

9. warpy

warpy Pen Pal - Newbie

on a c-141xl there is a button that i cant find in the registry, its the one next to the multi button (up down left right middle) it looks like a square with an arrow on it, reminds the shortcut picture that you get on your desktop icons.

do you guys know where can i change his command ?

10. Tallon

Tallon Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok, so with this method - is it true that we can't change two of the buttons on the fujitsu t900? (the "fn" key and the ctrl+alt+delete key). If so, I can't tell what they are called in the list of buttons.

-Tallon