Current T4220 upgradable w/ turbo memory?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by technocrateus, Sep 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. technocrateus

technocrateus Pen Pal - Newbie

For those of you who already have a T4220 and have opened your system for one reason or another, can anyone confirm whether we can buy a card and install it on existing T4220 (with the understanding that it will break the warranty)? I'm debating whether to wait or buy now and this is pretty much the only thing I'm waiting for. Thanks in advance!

2. watson10

watson10 Pen Pal - Newbie

I own a 4220 and have "opened" it to install ram chips. This will not void the warranty. Is this what you mean?:)

It is very easy to install.

If you mean the PC card slot or the Smart card reader or the SD (3 in 1) card slot you can add / insert to these and your warranty is still valid.

cheers.

3. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

The turbo memory should get installed in a pci-e or mini pci-e slot. I don't know if there's one free. Even if you could plug it in, I think you'd have to upgrade your firmware to utilize it.

4. skifast

skifast Pen Pal - Newbie

5. technocrateus

technocrateus Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry for not making it clear, I meant if anyone has actually removed the keyboard and looked at the motherboard and if there is a PCI or PCI-e slot available for the turbo memory. I realize that several reviews have produced mixed results with turbo memory but I believe the improvements will be seen in the future. I have no need for turbo memory at this time, but would like to have the option to install one 2-3 years down the road.

6. Legato86

Legato86 Pen Pal - Newbie

I just thought I'd say something about this topic.

On page 79 of the User's Guide for the T4220 under the ram/memory spec section, it does say "optional intel turbo memory 512 Meg of 1 Gig". I almost could put money down that there's a slot available for later upgrade.

7. Xenoproctologist

Xenoproctologist Pen Pal - Newbie

On the T2010, the turbo memory replaces the modem PCI-e card. So no, there probably isn't a free slot, but if you don't use your modem, you can probably swap it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.