Current lead time?

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by LaptopGuru, Oct 9, 2007.

1. macnmotion

macnmotion Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, I just called, and they say it will be shipped tomorrow. We'll see :)

2. LaptopGuru

LaptopGuru Scribbler - Standard Member

Did you order the sleeve?

Saw a few things you had selected that I didn't, different NIC, Office/OneNote, Turbo Memory... Who know what causes the random ship times. Hope yours ships as well. Mine is heading towards Louisville via Express. Thought they all went through Anchorage, so we'll see.

3. macnmotion

You've gotta be kidding me. They just changed my ship date to 11/13/2007. What on Earth in my order could be causing that? And why did they tell me on the phone two days ago that it was going to ship yesterday? Any suggestions on how to best deal with them to hopefully expedite this order?

4. macnmotion

I just had my first taste of Lenovo Customer Service -- all I can say is "uh oh." It doesn't bode well for future issues.

It seems as though the delay on my laptop is the screen. However, it's the same MV/MT screen that LaptopGuru ordered on his X61t 14 days after I did, and his laptop has been shipped. While I'm now told that my order has been "escalated" to a critical list, I'm not allowed to be put in touch with anybody in 2nd level support. I'm told that someone in 2nd level will get back to me in 2 or more business days. I'll believe that when it happens.

I've never had these types of customer service/order issues, maybe I've been lucky with Gateway over the years. Does anyone here have any knowledge or experience in how I best deal with the current delay? Should I just be patient and be without a laptop for another month? Or is there any way I can participate in expediting the order? Thanks for your help.

Andy

5. LaptopGuru

LaptopGuru Scribbler - Standard Member

Guessing it's one of the famous "the web site provided a configuration they couldn't build" problem. My guess is that they will work it out, re-place an order if necessary, and get it shoved through. I've seen this happen a few times. I hope yours ships soon, mine came yesterday and I spent most of the night clean installing it. There was a lot of bloat out of the box.

6. snakebite2

snakebite2 Pen Pal - Newbie

Macnmotion, did you know there's a $510 off sale for the x61 till 10/22?

7. bldoron

bldoron Pen Pal - Newbie

I ordered mine on 12/9. The Lenovo site said shipping date is 8/10. I put a lot of pressure on the representative from Lenovo. I had his e-mail, and sent him an e-mail every few days, stressing how important it was that the laptop reach my brother in California, before his flight to Israel on the 8/10. He said not to worry, so naturally I did. But he came through, and made it quicker, it was shipped on the 25th, and arrived on the 28th. :D I feared it wouldn't be shipped on time so much, I told him that I would have to cancel my order, if it didn't ship by 24/9.
    So maybe you need to threaten them. :p

Anyway good luck with that.

8. macnmotion

Thanks Snakebite, yes I got that discount back in September when I ordered. Andy

9. snakebite2

snakebite2 Pen Pal - Newbie

Since, both of our orders are taking longer. We better not get the bezel problem.:mad:
    --------
    Macnmotion, I notice you bought intel turbo with your x61, why? The turbo boost doesn't live up to its claims. From what I read on this forum is causes BSOD.

10. macnmotion

Not sure if TM lives up to its claims, but I found enough on the forums to suggest that a proper clean install of Vista upon arrival, along with proper reinstallation of the drivers and eliminating the unnecessary parts of ThinkVantage, should eliminate the BSOD issues. The purchase was an impulse during configuration!

Don't think I haven't considered, due to the delay, changing my screen option to the SXGA now that I hear there's a bezel solution. But then I look at my new reading glasses and I realize I should stick with the lower resolution. :)