Current largest Pen-Enabled Android Tablet...?

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by artistebot, Dec 25, 2017.

1. artistebot

artistebot Scribbler - Standard Member

My guess is that the current largest (physical screen size) Pen-enabled Android tablet is the Samsung ChromeBook Plus/Pro (12.3). Maybe the Google Pixelbook, but it uses AES instead of EMR?

Happy holidays..

:)

2. YVerloc

YVerloc Scribbler - Standard Member

The galaxy tab pro 12.2 is a couple of years old now, but it’s still an epic machine. Cheap-ish on eBay.

WillAdams likes this.
  3. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Couldn't you double boot a Surface Book 2 15" with pixel OS? Make two partitions and use one for Android.

4. artistebot

artistebot Scribbler - Standard Member

I have the Note Pro, sadly it is outdated and the battery hardware connection is flaky,

heh heh...PixelOS on a SB2. ;-) sadly the SB2 has terrible pen technology....

5. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Is that N-trig in general or the SB2 specifically?

6. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

The guy is trolling. He is obviously on EMR or die train. Funny that he also has iPad Pro even though its the same damn pen tech as Surface Book 2 pretty much (projected capacitive dual coil active pen).

I would love EMR in everything I buy too but AES and MPP devices are plenty good for me these days, given that the device has enough CPU muscle to compensate for lack of extra dedicated ASIC that EMR boards have to compute pen data. For low powered devices like Android tablets, EMR is definitely the best choice because of those extra ASIC.

But then again, Android art apps suck ass so I'd rather poke my eyes out than deal with Android tablet as my main art tablet.

Also, at this point, I prefer MPP over AES due to more stable and sophisticated palm rejection algorithm employed by MPP. The best active pro cap pen experience outside of Surface products so far has been on the HP Envy 17T (17M-AE111DX) from Best Buy. I need to rejig my budget to buy that thing again...

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    Starlight5, nnthemperor and Kumabjorn like this.