Cube i7 Book is the successor for Cube i7 Stylus, a Cheap 2in1 tablet with Wacom Stylus and Core M3

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by alisaad619, Jun 28, 2016.

1. alisaad619

alisaad619 Scribbler - Standard Member

Update 1 / the links to buy the Cube i7 Book are now live , this is the link for the device , and this is the keyboard , and this is the pen.

Cube announced their latest 2in1 device ,and this time it's a true 2in1 device not just a tablet with a keyboard ,it's a detachable tablet with keyboard that have a flexible hinge ,the Cube i7 Book also support a battery-less Wacom EMR pen stylus (which is a rare thing these days ,most tablet today use Wacom AES or other active pen tech) ,so you can use any Wacom EMR pen but the pen from Cube is a good option because of its price (30$) and the fact it have a top eraser.

The Cube i7 book have a USB-C port and unlike the previous generation the i7 Book doesn't have a USB-A port in the tablet ,but it have a USB-A port in the keyboard dock .

Here's a summery for the specs :-
    • Skylake Core m3
    • 10.6 inch IPS Touchscreen with 1920 x 1080 Resolution
    • 4GB LPDDR3L RAM
    • 64GB SSD
    • Wacom EMR Stylus
    • Windows 10 OS
    • USB-C 3.1 and Micro SD , and a separate port for charging
    • USB-A on the keyboard dock
    • Weight is 710 grams
    • 2MP front and back cameras
    • Battery Capacity is 4500mAh
    Like the Cube i7 Stylus the coming Cube i7 Book is going to be one of the best cheap pen enabled tablets on the market ,the price with Chinese tablets isn't fixed so it's going to fluctuate between 300$ and 400$ ,and it will be very popular especially for students who look for a pen enabled PC at a cheap price

The tablet is going to be sold at Gearbest and others Chinese grey market stores (expected next month) ,you will not see it officially in your country any time soon ,here's a link for the tablet on there store ,and this is the pen . and to stay up to date on the latest news of pen enabled device and apps please follow us on twitter

Source
    https://windowsink.club/2016/06/28/...ap-2in1-tablet-with-wacom-stylus-and-core-m3/

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
    thickglass, WillAdams and Marty like this.
  2. Burgundy

Burgundy Scribbler - Standard Member

Hoped they would evolve it into the 12" 3:2 screen size, with this one.

This just seems like a revision of the old model.

I really expected them to use the chassis of their Cube i9 model, since it gotten some good reviews with only con being, "wish it was stylus enabled".

The dream continues though.

3. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

That would require Wacom actually produce an EMR digitizer of that size, which they seem extremely reluctant to do (see SP3 development controversy).

Unless you mean they should sacrifice EMR and go AES...but seeing as this is one of the few remaining EMR tablets (an an affordable one at that), I'm really happy that they're not.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
    bloodycape likes this.
  4. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

I wonder if this is still using the same display as the SP2. It's really tempting, but 64gb is a bit small.

5. alisaad619

same display , that's how they are getting Wacom EMR

I hope they make a 8gb/128gb model ,some of their competitors are doing that

WillAdams likes this.
  6. Burgundy

Or they could go Hanvon or UC Logic in EMR, and go up to 13.3 screen size, that would make 16:9 a bit more acceptable.

7. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I really wish they would enter the market too and give EMR users more choice (or "a choice" rather ;)) among the current crop of 12.5" Skylake tablets.

Both companies already produce portable pen-displays, so I wonder if the barrier is logistical or legal (hopefully not) in nature.

Burgundy likes this.
  8. Burgundy

Yeah, legal issue sadly sounds like the most logical one. Unless they perhaps eat a lot of power, compared to wacom? At this point, it would be great to see either of the two companies trying to make some digitizer EMR boards for possible 12-15" screens of tablet/laptops. But since Hanvon is a main member of USI, and UC Logic being a sub member, it may have something to do with that?

I'm just disappointed, I thought for sure that Cube would make their next stylus tablet, from an i9 version, or something like it, not simply reuse their last i7, with newer cpu gen.

I can't remember if it was Teclast or some other, which was using hanvon in their stylus tablets, but I hope there's a secret sauce in the brewing, want that sweet cheap stylus 3:2 12"+ tablet.

9. Mitt Sabo

Mitt Sabo Pen Pal - Newbie

it's worth to buy this tablet for $359.99? Geekbuying have $40 off for this Cube i7 Book 4GB 64GB Tablet. Coupon code: HTBYPABN

10. alisaad619

you should wait for few weeks more if you can , its official price should be around 330$ after it launched

if you can't wait 360$ is not that much more than 330$