CS6 occasionally dropping pressure sensitivity then returning ???

Discussion in 'Artists' started by Steve B, Dec 10, 2013.

1. T-ravisty

T-ravisty Scribbler - Standard Member

6a00d834515db069e200e5502163f88833-640wi.jpg

I did see this thread earlier and had meant to post but got side-tracked.

Anyway, no I don't have these issues.
    I did when I first got my x230t but then changed the registry to inhibit it from happening along with disabling "Flicks" and the "Press and Hold for Right Click" features.

Find attached a "penoff.zip" folder containing a registry file (265 bytes) attached, just run it and it'll stop the ripples in your programs but will keep the ripples on the desktop as Stoneseeker has - I also find I get the ripples when tapping in Google Chrome too.*

I also get the pen not responding sometimes, to get around that I either turn the pen around to the eraser, lock the computer and login again or disable the Wacom service and then re-enable.

I never use the eraser for erasing.
    Anyway, one odd quirk I get is the pen to register that I'm holding the left-click button and it draws in full opacity, but this very very rarely happens to me.

Anyway, have a look at the .reg file and see if it helps.

Also note that I'm also using CS6.

*It has worked for me, but I won't be responsible if it damages your system - Open it in Notepad before running if you want to check it.

Attached Files:

2. dream3

dream3 Scribbler - Standard Member

What are these ripples and water drop you guys are talking about?

3. T-ravisty

T-ravisty Scribbler - Standard Member

I just had to reinstall Win 7 64-bit as I was playing with System 32 for other workarounds and I broke something, all good though.

Anyway, I had to do all of this again to get rid of the ripples.

I was looking through my bookmarks when I found this from a long time ago; after changing accordingly everything worked fine.

@dream3: these ripples.

44jIP.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  4. dream3

Hmm that's weird. I remember having those a long time ago, just briefly. And they did go away by disabling a couple of options, yes. But nothing too complicated or too deep into the system. Just regular checkboxes.

The ones I can remember in win7 are: disabling windows ink, disabling flicks, disabling press-hold for right-click, disabling tabletpc features, in windows features.

Guess that was it basically. Though I'm 100% positive I did not have to go to registry or administrative stuff to solve that.

Now what is the water drop thing, if I may ask?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  5. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

That was what got rid of it in your list of things to run off.
    But not everyone wants to lose auto-rotate and the onscreen keyboard, so the other workaround I listed allows you to keep those while getting rid of the "ripple pen feedback"

6. dream3

Ahh got it. I never used windows 7 with tablets and with windows 8 there are no ripples at all. Maybe they've fixed it.

7. dream3

Okay, so ripples are definitely gone.

How about the random lost of pressure sensitivity? I get that on my windows 8 surface, as well as using other wacom tablets on my windows 7 desktop.

Any fixes for that already?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  8. okieiam

okieiam Scribbler - Standard Member

no news? it is