Corel Painter 2019 on sale for $25

Discussion in 'Software' started by Marty, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Just thought I'd give a heads up for any of you thinking of trying out Painter. HumbleBundle is offering a great sale on Corel software, one of which is Painter 2019 (as well PaintShop Pro 2020).

Keep in mind, that isn't the most recent version, but it is supposed to include the performance enhancements for rendering large brushes/canvases. (From what I researched, the 2020 version also adds GPU acceleration).

Overall, I still find Painter to give the most naturalistic paint media response of all art applications I've tried and is a great compliment to the inking and coloring capabilities of ClipStudio Paint.

So far in my initial testing, the 2019 version is drastically faster for "Real Watercolor" and "Real Wet Oil" brushes than the 2016 version, but seems to be slower on some older brushes on my VAIO Z Canvas. I'll be testing this out more thoroughly over the next few weeks on and report my findings here.

Cheers!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
    Cuberdon75 likes this.
  2. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Does it still require Wintab, or have they transitioned to Windows ink as Photoshop did?

3. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Even on the 2016 version, I never installed the N-trig Wintab driver on my Z Canvas. Everything seems to working fine as far as I can tell.