Copy & Paste from Word to OneNote

Discussion in 'OneNote, Evernote and Organizers' started by ScubaX, Sep 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sonrisa

sonrisa Pen Pal - Newbie

I have been using my tablet and OneNote for taking notes for a year now and I love it, but as the school year starts again I have rediscovered one of my annoyances.

Many of my professors have their note outlines saved as Word document. I know I can print the pages to OneNote, but I prefer to copy & paste the actual text so that I can add writing space between lines, change the text colors, etc. However, when I paste from Word to OneNote, the format gets all messed up - the outline numbers change, the centering and tabs are all off, things that were capitalized now aren't, etc. I have it set to "Keep Source Formatting", but that doesn't seem to make any difference. Does anyone know a way around this? I can go back to printing to OneNote, but I really like being able to edit the text (particularly in classes where the prof is doing little more than reading the notes).

2. ScubaX

ScubaX Level 90 Mage Senior Member

What versions of Word and ON are you using? I am using the 2007 versions and just gave it a try with a .docx school document and it worked perfect. The document had bold, indents, outline numbering, centering were all exactly the same.