"Cool Video" Fujitsu t4210 Screen blacked out video from heat in case

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by compman723, Mar 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. compman723

compman723 Pen Pal - Newbie

I left class and put my t4210 in my case in my backpack and 3 hours later I needed so I went to take it out and it was still running in my backpack with the fans on high and really hot!!! I have the extra battery in the DVD slot so it still lasts a while. I took it out and opened it up and it looked like this with half the screen black. :( I thought my screen was screwed and I possibliy hurt the life of it but then it slowly started coming back to me :) Here is the video of it I thought it was pretty cool :cool:

Make sure to check out the videos of my crazy cat to!!! She does some funny stuff!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebko5hnputw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebko5hnputw

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Well, that's a relief! :)

I guess, next time assure the unit is off before putting it into the backpack then there probably won't be any long term damage. :)

3. kingmetal

kingmetal Pen Pal - Newbie

just goes to show how sturdy these little machines are! too bad XP's standbye is such a mess and things like this can actually happen.

4. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The Apache Servers down again..... I'll watch it later.

In the meantime, I remember someone else who left their Tablet in their backpack switched on.
    However, that machine and owner was not so lucky... The overheating had damaged components on the Motherboard.

Anyway, you can get around this (besides ensuring it's not left on before putting it back in your backpack); use temperature monitoring software like HDD Temperature which not only monitors your machines temp but will put it into Hibernation if it gets to hot.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.