Convertible Tablet for $850.

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by misterd, Nov 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nikecar

nikecar Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

why not wait for 2 yrs when these will be cheaper?

Seriously, why not forget a tablet, and get a regular laptop instead. As the guy above you said, don't expect top of the line specs for cheap. Tablets command a premium because of the function. The sooner you realize that, the better. Tomorrow will alway bring a lower price, but the problem is tomorrow never comes, the only thing we have is today.

Either buy it now, or skip a tablet, you won't know what the prices are after christmas. They could jack up the prices, or skimp on specs even further. Buy it now, or get something else.

2. Maximos

Maximos Pen Pal - Newbie

Alright, cool. I'll get it in time for Christmas then.

3. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Dude, I wouldn't wait much longer. I don't think it's gonna get better.

RIGHT THIS MOMENT, Gateway is taking another $30 off the price of the C-140S. It's $799 -$50 with a coupon code (on the page itself), but with a $20 processing fee (whatever that means). A brand new TPC for $769 before tax? RIDICULOUS!

You will NOT find a better deal than this. No way. I strongly recommend that you jump on this deal NOW.

4. Maximos

Maximos Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for letting me know about that. I may have to end up waiting until February, so we will see how it goes from now till then.

5. misterd

misterd Pen Pal - Newbie

I just got the C140XL yesterday for $900 + tax/shipping (there's a coupon involved, so be sure to chat with a rep), but you can also get a new C140S for $800. I can't imagine T&S would bring you much over $850.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.