Control Voltage with CrystalCPUID?

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by jacky89, Aug 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacky89

jacky89 Pen Pal - Newbie

Have anybody used CrystalCPUID to control the voltage and multiplier settings? I do not have a TM2 yet but I'm considering buying it. I have used CrystalCPUID on my other computers and were able to significantly increase battery life.

For example, I set the voltage and multiplier to the lowest possible to maintain system stability when load is under 20% and when beyond 20% load, it will bump up to max multiplier and the minimal voltage required to maintain stability running at max load.

I'm not sure if I should get the TM2 because if the battery life is less than 5 hours, then it is not so good. If someone try CrystalCPUID, which is a free software, please report back to see if you can squeeze 6 hours out of the battery on light usage (web surfing).

2. Ultimoose

Ultimoose Scribbler - Standard Member

I've seen reports of 6 hours on a single charge for casual usage. Still waiting on my own. (12 days elapsed and not shipped as of yet)

3. jkenny23

jkenny23 Scribbler - Standard Member

I use RightMark to undervolt my tm2. I have it set to the second lowest voltage (0.9125v) and it's quite stable. However it doesn't seem to help at all with battery, I did a test with BatteryEater, and the gains were only 8 minutes and 10 seconds. If you're still interested, here's the thread with details on how to make it all work: http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/hp-...ndervolting-culv-intel-tm2t-2.html#post175848

4. jacky89

jacky89 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the link, but the RM app is not free and I tried the demo before and it was kind of hard to use compared with CrystalCPUID. Also, the cpu tested in the link is an SU7300. The new i3/i5 cpus use probably twice the power or more than the older cpus on average due to the hyperthreading and built-in gpu. Did anybody test it on the new gen TM2s? I think the difference might be significant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.