Considering selling off Fuji T4215 for Tosh M400

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Rieuk, Apr 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rieuk

Rieuk Scribbler - Standard Member

Ever since I got this Fuji T4215, I've felt I really needed the higher resolution option (which isn't available in Australia where I live), and I have been emailing Fujistu International support trying to request an upgrade or an exchange (at my cost of course) with no responses (and it is getting quite irritating).

So now I see this M400 fitted with Core2 processor, and SXGA+ wideview and I'm thinking dayum, I just have to have this. Only thing is though, this M400's price is $800 AUD more ($3849 AUD) than the FUji T4215 ($3150 AUD) whereas it is lower spec'd (barring the display of course). Why is this so? Is it worth the higher price tag?

I guess my question would be - should I go ahead and sell this Fuji tablet for the M400?

I should probably also say that I got the T4215 through a 'salary sacrifice' arrangement whereby I evade paying tax on the price of the tablet (since it is deducted from my salary) - the upshot of that is, I save 37% on the notebook price. Thus, where the T4215 was selling for $3150 AUD, I got it for $1986 AUD. If I can resell it for around $2500 AUD, I can basically pick up the M400 (salary sacrificed again) without paying another cent.

The question though, is it worth the effort? Any advice welcome...

The link to the tablet btw is here: http://www.cworld.com.au/product_info.php?ID=123837

2. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Having used an M400 and if given a choice between one and a T4215, I can clearly say there is absolutely no way I would consider the M400.

It's the whole package starting with Customer Services / Technical Support leading on to the hardware in whole which tells me to steer clear.

If the SXGA screen is that important to you, why not get it from the US.

3. Rieuk

Thanks for the reply,

Yeah I considered purchasing from the US the only problem being that there may be difficulties in obtaining the salary sacrifice arrangement with a receipt of a different country let alone getting it off ebay where I won't get a receipt. But yeah, if I could get the Fuji T4215 with the SXGA+ screen here for the price I bought the one I currently have, I'd get it.

What specifically do you have against the M400 if you don't mind me asking? Or do you have a link to a post you previously made which answers this question..

Thanks again

4. P8RSON

First have a read in the Toshiba section and you will find all manner of complaints, mostly to do with bad Customer Service & Technical Support.
    The M400 when it arrives is bloated with unnecessary software, all of which requires action in deleting/terminating from loading.
    Other issues are a noisy machine, screen dust problems (dust gets trapped inside the screen), screen hinge problems and I'm sure if I looked again into the Tosh section I would find other irritating areas.

It's all a great shame as I used to adore Toshiba products and had a continuous supply of Tosh Notebooks.
    It all changed a few years back though, when first the Customer Services started to fail due to cutbacks and amalgamation offices.

Basically, Tosh got too big for their empire to control as they used to.
    I personally believe them to be a shadow of the day when they had that popular advertisement quip ~ "Hello mate, got a Toshiba"!

..... a great shame.

5. uhoo

uhoo Pen Pal - Newbie

The screen's getting to me too. I don't mind the resolution but the 'sparkly' coating just hurts my eyes. Especially when I have to spend hours staring at it whilst doing research for school. I thought of getting a separate monitor for when its docked. As it is I'm getting a second notebook for use at home, the Fujitsu's just going to be for school.

BTW I would've totally bought yours for $2500. They're going for $3300 at most stores.

6. Rieuk

Yeah? What do you think the maximum price you would buy it for would be?

7. P8RSON

The maximum for a 'second-hand' unit in first class condition should be 25% to 30% off the advertised selling price found locally to where you purchase from.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.