Connected Standby battery drain issue

Discussion in 'Dell' started by next_milenium, Jan 7, 2014.

1. dirtyvu

dirtyvu Pen Pal - Newbie

I have both the Surface Pro 2 and the Surface RT. SP2 definitely DOES NOT HAVE CONNECTED STANDBY. In fact, that's one of the things I wished it had as I love Connected Standby on my Surface RT. I just love plopping open the keyboard and being instantly in Windows on the RT. On my SP2, I have to hit the power button and it takes a couple of seconds to get into Windows.

2. JustMe21

JustMe21 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a couple of Atom Bay Trail tablets and even with Connected Standby, my battery drain is apparent. I think programs need to be optimized to let Connected Standby run properly or else they keep it from going into the low powered states properly. Also, i was wondering why people state the vPro processors don't support Connected Standby? They seem to have all the features of a non vPro processor. Granted enabling certain extra features may not allow Connected Standby to operate, but couldn't you disable all those extra vPro options in the BIOS so Connected Standby would work?

3. Wesley

Wesley Pen Pal - Newbie

I followed all the steps below but on ThinkPad 10, but still none of the S1, S2, S3 Sleep modes is supported according to the output of "powercfg /a". ConnectedStandby is correctly disabled though. I wonder if ThinkPad 10 BIOS has disabled Sleep?

4. rüdiger

rüdiger Pen Pal - Newbie

Tablets dont have normal suspend to ram (sleep), they just support connected standby or hibernate. You cant enable it with what he said above.