Configure "New Email" LED on RIF?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by noskill, Oct 28, 2006.

1. hobbyshop

hobbyshop Pen Pal - Newbie

Just wondering if anyone got their "New Email" LED on the R1F to work... not exactly how to get it to turn on to notify me of new emails. I know, not exactly important or anything, but since it's there, it'd be nice to figure out how to make it work.

I'm using Outlook 2003

Thanks

2. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

One of the progs on the system will manage the light for you. I can't remember the name of it, but it's something pretty obvious if you look at the recovery CD.

Personally, I removed mine since I don't always open my unread mail.

3. PROPortable

PROPortable Scribbler - Standard Member

It'll work right out of the box if you use Outlook, we long as you install the little program off the drivers disc.

4. hobbyshop

so it's supposed to light up automatically when i have new mail in outlook? i pressume there needs to be some configuration of some sort with new mail notifications maybe, because i installed outlook and have new mail, but the light isn't going on. the program ASUS ChkMail is running, but i don't really get how it works since there is no config necessary.. and i can't seem to get it to work...

i get the other notifications that outlook does.. like desktop notifications and task tray notifications... but no light on the R1F itself... the other LED lights work though...

suggestions?

5. hobbyshop

yah, i'm stupid. you have to set up outlook with email, and then reboot. program doesn't seem to pick up new emails until a reboot.

guess i jumped the gun. but this can only work with microsoft email programs apparently. does that mean that it's not goign to work with eudora?

6. noskill

noskill Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, there's actually something. http://www.behringer24.de/ledbirdxp/

I'm using this program on A6Ja and it works perfectly with Thunderbird. As long as your email client can show number of unread messages on "Welcome" screen, it will work with ledBirdXP. I'd say, "check it out" :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015