Concepts for Windows 10

Discussion in 'Software' started by Azzart, Aug 3, 2018.

1. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

It is and it isn't.

On the plus side, the really good programs are released through standard, old school marketing. Big software of high caliber, requiring corporate structures and many paid employees can't afford to muck around with the $4.99 tier in the so-called, "App" universe. That whole scene seems like a silly, albeit rather fun, candy aisle filled with small games and fidget software. Impulse-buy stuff. That's perfect for phones and tablets.

When you need to get serious, (THANK GOD!), we don't have to rely on that end of the convenience store for our software!

Where it sucks is that "Concepts" looks pretty cool, (Your review was compelling, for instance), and I would enjoy trying it out. Except I can't because I don't own a messin' around tablet. :(

wytn and WillAdams like this.
  2. Handmadenightmares

Handmadenightmares Pen Pal - Newbie

I have it on iPad pro and it is an absolutely awesome app.

I didn't really understand it at first, I thought it was a straight up drawing app (it's kind of obvious from the name what it is actually for though.

The UI is incredible and the infinite canvas is fantastic for the way that I work. Dragging and dropping images in for annotation is great. Best bit for me though has to be vector drawing and the markers, watercolor brushes.

I got a second had surface pro 3 which I want to use for reference images, research etc etc, keeping the iPad free for just drawing on. When I saw the app on the Microsoft store I actually wet myself (tiny tiny little bit) can't seem to get it to download though because I can't get my build to update.

F*** I want this so badly!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2019
  3. wytn

wytn Pen Pal - Newbie

(Almost) a little iPad vs Galaxy Book crossover question...
    i've been wondering about this app, i wonder how they compare for now in terms of features? iOS versus Windows 10 versions?

4. fivetoedsloth

fivetoedsloth Pen Pal - Newbie

The iOS version is spectacular. The win version is smooth and fast, but still missing some key things like pdf or svg export, symbols, and watercolor brushes. They just added the ability to paste in a jpg or png and the ability to see a gallery of all your pages. I went ahead and signed up for the year “Pro” subscription because I want them to keep developing for Windows!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

wytn and JoeS like this.
  5. wytn

wytn Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks!
    I started testing the iOS one a bit. When i first took a look at the app, i didn't notice they also have a subscription option (beside the 10€ "pro/essential" in-app and other packs). Seems like they have added it only more recently (or i initially missed it).