Computex 2019

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Steve S, May 27, 2019.

1. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

2. Steve S

3. Steve S

4. Steve S

5. Steve S

YVerloc likes this.
  6. Steve S

JoeS and batty like this.
  7. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Steve S likes this.
  8. Steve S

<<...Thanks for the updates...>>

You're welcome! Things have been a little quiet on the forums, lately. It was nice to have something that generated a little excitement!

JoeS, thatcomicsguy and nnthemperor like this.
  9. CribCoe

CribCoe Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks @Steve S for the updates.

Personally, what I wanted to see, was a load of tablets and convertibles that have GPUs, EMR and doesn't have terrible battery life and heavy weight issues... A boy can dream.

nnthemperor likes this.
  10. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Thanks for the coverage, Steve; I was kind of wrapped up in fighting the flu and doing a bunch of running around in the real world as Spring sprang. I'm playing catch up now. What a great month of May!

I've also noticed a sort of wind-down around here. I wonder if it's because all the youngsters who were all fired up are now verging on becoming middle-agsters and have figured out their tableting needs? I know I've gone from broke artist to being able to afford decent gear without all the nail-biting. I wouldn't go back, but the nail-biting and the DIY was fun! I feel like we traveled through a kind of golden age where the tech was discovering itself. But there are always new things ahead, just gotta rest a bit in between while new characters emerge.

Case in point...

I noticed at this show the theme seemed to be one of low-impact non-innovation. As if everybody quietly decided, "Enough radical innovation! Everybody is burned out! Steve Jobs died on that manic treadmill for goodness sake! Let's just chill for a few years, recover our bearings and in the mean time we can add colored LEDs to hard drives and other bland stuff. There will be time enough for full burn thrusters after we're rested up a bit. I hear putting stuff in space is the next big thing... Those cheap cost per pound Musk engines are opening doors..."

Though, if a few more companies invested in decent EMR options in the affordable range, that would re-ignite things around here! I feel like interest has fallen in direct relation to the solidification of half-baked tech as the new normal. Like if Linux sold out half-way to glory...