Compatible Wacom Stylus for T904?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by forcemac, Mar 7, 2014.

1. demalion

demalion Pen Pal - Newbie

By the way, if you just want a single button pen with eraser, the cheapest I've found is this one on Amazon (think the price just dropped, so around $13 now including shipping). Just got it the other day and it is working as expected.

Not many left at all though...

2. SF6

SF6 Scribbler - Standard Member

I tried to use my x220t Lenovo pen. It works but not quite as good as I had hoped for:

1. accuracy is worse than original T904 pen.
    2. eraser starts erasing without touching the screen.
    3. pressure sensitivity doesn't work in OneNote. Fujitsu's pen works great in this regard.

Hope someone can help.

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  3. in4mer

in4mer Scribbler - Standard Member

I think I lost my stylus. :( It's not in the silo anymore. I recommend anyone who hasn't possibly use the tether cable. Looks like the pen can fall out. :( At 35$/ piece, better not lose it.

4. in4mer

in4mer Scribbler - Standard Member

I found my pen! Woo hoo! Unfortunately, i also ordered the microsoft surface pro pen. Works fine. Only problem I've noticed is that erasing function doesn't appear to work in word. This is apparently due to a "change" in the inking engine. I have office 2010 and all updates but nothing is fixed, however 2013 versions apparently have a fix for it. Everything works fine in onenote 2010.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/X-Seri...does-not-work-in-Microsoft-Office/td-p/989155

5. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

this is very strange to me. especially number 2 & 3.

1. could be explained by the sensor being a different height on the barrel of the pen and therefore requiring a new calibration with the new pen. Happens when trying to use big pens on small pen machines

2. This just sounds like a faulty pen or something??

3. This one is super bizarre. A pen doesn't have software compatibility, the Wacom digitizer layer and the drivers decide that.

So there must be some new code in the new Wacom Feel drivers that are not responding well to the old pen frequency. But, are you 100% sure that older pen is not faulty? Have you tried another wacom feel compatible pen yet? I would try some of the newer released pens if you were gonna take a chance on ordering one. Sounds to me like the pen may be a generation too old, or faulty.

Starlight5 likes this.
  6. hacky

hacky Pen Pal - Newbie

I still like the pen of my Bamboo Pen&Touch very much but it isn't recognized by the T904. Any chance this is only a software or configuration issue?

7. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  8. c-le-prof

c-le-prof Pen Pal - Newbie

Are there any compatible pens that have a clip like a traditional ink pen? I'm finding I'd like to have a stylus I could clip onto a shirt pocket like I do my normal pens.

9. ron2k_1

ron2k_1 calibuchi Senior Member

The Bamboo Feel IT pen has a cap and pocket clip. The Surface pen also has the clip on thingy but no cap.

Swiped from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

10. colorzeppelin

colorzeppelin Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello, I am planning on buying a T904. I also own a Wacom One pen (1024 pressure levels) (Product Code: LP-171-0K-01-CX) from the CTL-671 Medium tablet which I bought when abroad.
    Since it is an EMR pen I assume it will work on this laptop right?
    I have been searching on these forums as well as Wacom's compatibility site but no luck.
    The only thing I understand is that possibly the tech and possibly coil in the Wacom One pen is larger than the one included in the T904.
    In general are Wacom EMS laptops compatible with most Wacom EMS pens?
    Is there some kind of sensitivity lost?