Collaboration Software

Discussion in 'Software' started by mgerbasio, Nov 28, 2014.

1. mgerbasio

mgerbasio Scribbler - Standard Member

I can't seem to find a solution and could use some help.

Can someone suggest collaboration software that would allow multiple users to simultaneous edit a document? I'm thinking of something like the editing features that are available with Google docs but more of a whiteboard or where a pdf can be dispalyed and we can mark it up so everyone sees the changes in real time.

I believe onenote has an almost real time display.

2. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

A recommendation like this depends partly on whether you all are on the same network or if you intend to do it over the Intternet. OneNote does update over devices but it isn't instantaneous. There can be up to a five minute delay depending on traffic on Microsoft servers.

3. mgerbasio

Thanks for the fast replay. This would be internet based.

Yes, I read that about onenote so that wouldn't be a good solution. One applicaton would be to have multiple people looking at a floor plan for a building saved as a pdf file and we can all use pen/mouse to comment on it without having to continually change presenters.

4. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

If that is what you are after then Venture Project Collaboration or perhaps Bentley is what you need? But now we are talking Enterprise Systems kind of software. This requires your IT department to be on board.

5. Gleurk

Gleurk Pen Pal - Newbie

I would suggest you to take a look at https://realtimeboard.com
    It's a chrome plugin that is basically an infinite white canvas. You can share and protect the access and create different boards. ON these boards, you can draa graphics, import PDF that you can readand comment,m video, pictures etc...
    I found it very intituitive and let everyone work at the same time.

Hope it's what you're looking for

6. mgerbasio

Thanks both. The construction software is more than what I need. I was actually surprised that Bentley is still around, I thought they were out of business. RealtimeBoard is definitely closer to what I need.

7. Richard B. Beets

Richard B. Beets Pen Pal - Newbie

You can use Google doc for editing the files and Fluxes to organize, track and collaborate with team members. Fluxes is more like a task management and collaboration tool that can be used for different objectives. Well, it's completely free. So you may as well check it out.

8. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator