Coder advice

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by doobiedoobiedum, Dec 30, 2020.

1. violajack

violajack Scribbler - Standard Member

I keep hearing horror stories of randoms on Roblox chatting very inappropriate things. It's too open. Minecraft is closed. My kids can play together over local wifi. Codewithus has hosted a few events on their private server, password protected, teacher led and moderated.

Sent from my SM-P615 using Tapatalk

2. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

We monitored and blocked content for him with Microsoft Family Safety and logging on the router, he always understood that there was no assumed privacy.

And at least 10 years ago, it was OK, most of his friends came to Roblox together from his Club Penguin days...

violajack likes this.
  3. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Rosie is quite a social animal in the real world but online she has no interest in chatting to friends. Our IT manager tried linking his son with Rosie as his son is on a US based kids coding software forum and that was hard work getting her to interact or respond to his emails about game writing and coding.
    She plays a bit of Roblox / Minecraft but she’s happier trying to teach herself a new game engine or puzzling code out. (by herself)

I feel helpless trying to push her, she outstripped my level of knowledge months ago.