Coby Kyros MID7012

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Lotus, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Lotus

Lotus Pen Pal - Newbie

I dont know if this is the right place to post this but here goes. the other day i bought the tablet listed in the title for $89 on sale from $159.99. connecting to the internet with it is proving to be a lost cause. i can connect to the network but that is about as far as i get. it goes through a loop of "Obtaining IP Address...Remembered...Disabled" each time i try this. oh and this happens within a matter of a minute.

on an unrelated note, the screen on it is so touchy that it takes me about 5 minutes to unlock the thing. when i do unlock it, the tablet doesnt do what i want it to do about 90% of the time. did i waste money on this?

2. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

A) if you are a spammer/ SEO turd you should know your posts will be edited, deleted and scrubbed from existence along with your user account; so if you aren't or don't want that to happen then don't be posting/ editing in links.

B) really? you can't tell you got a low end off-brand garbage 'toy' -that doesn't even work properly, by your estimate 90% of the time- and you still don't know if you wasted your $90?

Return it for a refund if you still can; otherwise chock it up as a good learning experience not to buy off-brand junk and either try to get along with it, or turn your camcorder on and put the Coby in a blender and hope for a 13 million youtube views :)

3. Lotus

Lotus Pen Pal - Newbie

Agent 9 you didnt have to be rude about it. this was my first post on the tablet forums as well as my first tablet ive ever owned. also my original question wasnt even answered.

4. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

"did i waste money on this?"

Yes.

Shame really as you could grab yourself something like the W500 for a few hundred more $$$ but then again that's bigger.

Coby Kyros MID 7012 Review - YouTube

Maybe there's a setting somewhere to reduce the sensitivity?

5. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I apologize for being rude to you, you didn't deserve that at all.

To clear it up though, your profile of posting about a cheap unknown brand entertainment tablet, in addition to the slightly off grammar and style of writing, then asking a question which you just answered for yourself fits the profile of one type of spammer that shows up here a few times a day sad to say.

As for your original question, have you got all the updates for your OS from whatever update software there is built in? maybe there is a firmware update out there as well?