Clorox wipe residue

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by ceejay, Oct 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ceejay

ceejay Pen Pal - Newbie

The other day I'm getting ready for a lecture to begin when a girl next to me drops a container of Clorox wipes near my Lenovo x61 tablet. This forced a spray of "wipe juice" onto my screen. I quickly acquired a cotton handkerchief and wiped the "wipe juice" and I was pretty relaxed thinking that I could do a more thorough cleaning when I got home.

When I got home I discovered that a bubble had developed under my screen. I could even push it around with my thumb a little bit. So I pushed it around, and it went from quarter size to maybe the size of three quarters. Anyway, now it is not moving, and I think it's just a dry residue under the screen. Is there a way to clean between the layers? I mean if the spray of wipe juice can get under, can't I? Am I totally screwed out of a perfect looking screen for eternity?

(the Clorox wipes even have the audacity to say they are good for disinfecting computers on the side of the container, I'm noticing)

Attached Files:

2. astroidea

astroidea Pen Pal - Newbie

Probably for disinfecting keyboard and mice, but that'd be pretty scary to use if it could damage the screen so easily.

You'd probably have to take the bezel apart to clean it.
    I have some weird stuff that got into my screen too. But it hasn't bugged me enough to do the hacking to my precious tablet.
    That and I can't figure out how to get the covers off the screw holes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.