Clip Studio Paint EX5 vs Pro

Discussion in 'Software' started by ForzaqC, Jul 3, 2015.

1. ForzaqC

ForzaqC Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm trying to figure out if there is any reason for me to go for EX instead of the considerably cheaper Pro version. The product documentation wasnt super clear on the exact differences.

From what I could tell, it seems like the EX version has layout tools for comic books. Are these tools useful enough that they would offer a meaningful advantage over Adobe InDesign (which I have and am experienced with)?

To clarify: I don't have experience making comic books, but I am considering trying my hand at it for a friend's side project. Does the Pro version have panel layouts and templates? If I can easily achieve the necessary results with CSP Pro and my Adobe CC subscription, that would obviously be great. However, if EX5 has some killer feature that would make things way easier, I would be willing to pay the extra money.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

2. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I don't really see the advantage to using comic templates. It's super easy to lay out your own, plus they don't look cookie-cutter that way, and you can layout according to the needs of the story flow, rather than the other way around.

CSP plus Photoshop are entirely sufficient to jump in and start making comic pages. :)

surfaceproartist likes this.
  3. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

CSP EX supports the Tab-Mate controller (which I'm sure no one in North America has even heard of, lol).

But apparently it's big in Japan...

I'm not sure how much I'd use it while drawing, but it seems like it'd be a pretty awesome gaming peripheral! :D