Clip Studio Paint Discussion

Discussion in 'Artists' started by Art_N00b, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Art_N00b

Art_N00b Scribbler - Standard Member

They run that sale 3 X per year. I know because I get the emails for them and can see them in gmail.

Also a week before they announced this new version I was thinking that AI could be used to flat comics and save time. Then they released this. It's like a genie in a bottle!

Maybe I should start musing on more things AI could do...

2. Burgundy

Burgundy Scribbler - Standard Member

CSP EX is on sale every quarter, I picked it up in the summer sale, always wait for the sale, can save over 50%.

Highly recommended, as long CSP EX is their main program and updated/upgraded, with same purchase.

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  3. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Couple or 3 questions if anyone has time as I bought a new licence and am trying Clip Studio for a second time until Adobe sort out how CC college licences are going to work - I am using version 1.5.4 EX
    1. My "blur" tool in the tool palette seems to have changed to a clone stamp type symbol (don't know how) but can I change it back?
    2. How do I have navigator and layers on at the same time? Every time I open one through Window > ....... the other disappears?
    3. Palettes on the left of my screen (as you read a screen) seem easy to rearrange but the ones on the right just won't behave? Why?
    4. Are there any other colour options for the user interface than the sickly light grey or dark grey with white writing?

So far, Krita's interface is easier to work with but it struggles with large file sizes that Photoshop and Clip Studio seem to cope with but I'll persevere even if I have to use Krita and Clip Studio to do what I could do (easier and quicker) in Adobe Photoshop.

4. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

First thing I would do is update to the current version, since that one is fairly old.

5. doobiedoobiedum

Ah... so THAT'S why Smith Micro sold it off cheap....

6. Azzart

I'm not even sure Smith Micro sells it anymore...
    Anyway your version is a couple years old. :D

7. Burgundy

Burgundy Scribbler - Standard Member

You should be able to convert it to the regular Clip Studio Paint version, my "old CSP Pro" was originally manga studio 5.

if you don't get to Celsys own (csp) site from the about/update within the program, just go to. http://www.clipstudio.net/en/dl

A lot of nice changes awaits you.

8. doobiedoobiedum

OK... updated. Now running 1.8.5 if this is the latest version.

Still have the same problems...... I press what suggests it is the blend tool and a dialogue box turns up. I also can't seem to have navigator and layers open at the same time?

9. Azzart

Not sure I get it: can't you just drag the navigator panel over the layers panel?

10. doobiedoobiedum

OK finally that worked in 1.8.5 - seems I have to open one panel, drag to detach from the side palette and then go to window > .... to activate the other - then when the two are on screen, I can drag one panel into the palette and have both navigator AND Layers on at the same time.

I notice the text looks much better in this version but where has the blur/blend tool gone and why did it change mid-drawing?