Clip Studio Paint Discussion

Discussion in 'Artists' started by Art_N00b, Apr 18, 2018.

1. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It's called "Additive Selection". I've got mine set up like that because it's the closest CSP can get to an approximation of what PS can do.

The problem is that additive selection still allows the user to make easy errors which then need to be undone or edited. Nothing is faster or more accurate than zipping around an object in polygonal mode. Being able to move instantly back and forth between that and freehand selection means you can select extremely complex shapes extremely fast. CSP requires the user to select little bits at a time or fill in the area with a painted mask. -Both of those systems work, but I find them clumsy and slow and prone to errors. It's like trying to cut out cloth with child's safety scissors rather than a grown up's tools.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    stoneseeker likes this.
  2. Shiratori

Shiratori Pen Pal - Newbie

CSP is available at 50% off until 12th June (or 6 months free for the iPad version)

Art_N00b and thatcomicsguy like this.
  3. thatcomicsguy

$25 dollars?? Dang! I remember when "Half price" meant something closer to forty bucks.

There is really no excuse, (except for kids who don't have a credit card, maybe). This is an excellent deal for an excellent piece of software and everybody who hasn't already should bone up and shell out for a copy immediately. This is a staggeringly good deal for what you get, and you KNOW it's going to be a subscription program before too long. Get a "forever" license while you still can.

Art_N00b likes this.
  4. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member

Well, a friend bout the CSP EX physical disc for me in the US for $50 in the US and it finally arrived and now installed (today) on my laptops.

Where would you or anyone else suggest starting? After I installed - it updated to the very latest version and I'm ready to go. Oh yeah - how many machines am I allowed to install on by the software? (It did an automatic registration on installation.)

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  5. thatcomicsguy

Celsys tells us that you can have their software installed on up to 2 machines with each license, so long as it's the same user and they're not both running at the same time.

Personally, I'm fine with and understand the single user per license idea, but telling me which machine I'm allowed to use it on? Excuse me?

Sure, at the moment I only have two functioning computers, (a fixed studio machine and a portable), but if I feel like putting it on a third (just for drawing while I'm sitting on the toilet, say), IF I decide that's how I want to do things in the privacy of my own home, what business is it of theirs? Good luck enforcing that.

6. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

It simply won't activate on a third machine, you would need to pirate it.

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  7. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

YVerloc, Art_N00b and thatcomicsguy like this.