Clip Studio Finally On Android

Discussion in 'Software' started by darkmagistric, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

The best part of Wacom UD EMR is that there are so many pen options!

Did they start selling Wacom One pen separately yet? That thing is also frequency compatible with UD pens IIRC...

2. Cuberdon75

Cuberdon75 Scribbler - Standard Member

3. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I bought one a couple months ago as it was cheaper than buying a spare zbook pen.

4. Shogmaster

5. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

To my knowledge, of the current gen of EMR pens, from S-pens, zBook, Staedtler Norris, etc....the only one that has a 2 side switches is one of the included pens for that Acer Concept devices. I can't remember if it was the Concept d9 or Ezel, but its one of them. Any other pen with a 2nd side switch would have to be from the last gen of EMR pens with the old nib assembly.

Shogmaster likes this.
  6. Shogmaster

Got the S6 Lite early.

CSP runs slightly better on it than Lenovo Helix 2nd generation I think. Going by memory tho. Gonna revive Helix 2 to confirm.

7. Shogmaster

O jebus yeah... S6 Lite destroyed Helix 2nd gen with 5Y71 Core M...

Cuberdon75 and Marty like this.
  8. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Is Clip studio Paint just terribly optimized? The average canvas size I work on is roughly 6k res, and so painting with 300-800 pixel brushes isn't uncommon (sometimes I even use up to 2000px large if its a big noisy air brush or something), but that is in photoshop. For me it only starts to lag when the PSD gets to be around a gig or more in size with hundreds of layers and adjustment layers etc. I've never messed around with CSP too much, but is it just not built for that kind of workflow?

9. Shogmaster

This chalk brush I concocted is VERY heavy on processing at high end pf the pressure curve. Much faster if you only give it light to moderate pressure on the pen.

One of the things I love about CSP brush engine is that it won't truncate your pen input to finish the processing "on time", meaning that it will carry out all of your pen input nuances, flairs intricacies and gestures no matter how long it takes. It will do exactly as you drew it at all costs. All other apps sacrifice your pen input (simplifying or truncating it) to finish drawing that brush input in real-ish time. That's why my drawings look way better in CSP than say, Porcreate, or Photoshop, or Sketchbook Pro. The only other apps that comes close to the brush handling like this are PaintTool SAI and Corel Painter.

So if you craft a brush that does a lot with the pen in CSP, like tilt controlling size at the same time pressure controlling density/opacity while using lots of textures for the dab, you can crawl just about any computer to its knees.All the while it lays down brush marks faster for like for like brushes with other apps while maintaining this brush engine complexity. So it is much more efficient in processing IMO.

stoneseeker likes this.
  10. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Oh interesting. That's good to hear, and now I want to see this crazy complex chalk brush and how my desktop would hold up to such a beastly conté! Also wonder how much faster the S7+ will perform with that same brush. The S7+ should have quite a bit more power to throw at it compared to the 6 lite.

Marty likes this.