Clip Studio Finally On Android

Discussion in 'Software' started by darkmagistric, Aug 5, 2020.

1. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Little Update, apparently the App will not be exclusive to the Tab S7 & S7+

It hits world wide on August 21!

https://twitter.com/clipstudiopaint?lang=en

However while its not a Tab S7 exclusive, it does appear to be a Samsung exclusive, and it will be in the Galaxy Store App instead of the Google Play Store. They even refer to it as Galaxy/Windows/macOS/iPad (no love for the Android name I guess)

Given how few non-Samsung penabled android options there are, I don't see this being too big an issue, so any of us with a Samsung S-pen device won't need to APK it.

Well I'm excited. And as far as pricing, for Phone usage (which has a different interface) its 6 months free from when you download it on the galaxy app store, and either free for one hour, or $1 a month for Pro.

But for larger devices like the Tab S7+, it will be $4.49 monthly after the free 6 months. No idea if they'll offer the same $25 a year deal they offer with the iPad.

2. crazycat

crazycat Scribbler - Standard Member

It's the same as CSP iphone then, except that iphone have no active stylus and note phone does.

There is something I really wonder, is CSP phone Dex-compatible. I have some portable cintiq alternative that I'm pretty sure is Dex compatible with pressure. If somehow it works in full screen then it's free/1$ monthly subscription for CSP mobile on big screen.And those 16gb ram Snapdragon 8xx phone are already powerful enough to do full 2d works:cool:.

Maybe it's time to buy that old note 8...

3. Cuberdon75

Cuberdon75 Scribbler - Standard Member

It's here!
    It's fabulous, but I have to admit that with all the goodies that have sprung up for Android lately, I'm becoming more and more convinced that Krita is enough for my needs.

And so is the tab s6 lite, which I can't say enough good things about. Astonishing what a very mid-range tablet lets you do today. [​IMG]

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

doobiedoobiedum likes this.
  4. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

OMG! The cut off is 3GB of RAM so my Note 9 is good!!! You apparently get 1 hour a day free at baseline. 6mo if you sign up.

Feels f'n smooth on my Note 9 after calibrating the S pen. SD845 is plenty fast. I wish I could image link from FB on my phone app. Need to get to my comp to do that I guess...

darkmagistric and Cuberdon75 like this.
  5. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I installed it on my note 9 as well. The interface is def gonna take some time to get used to. Still trying to figure out how to import a locally saved sut/brush file though, importing brushes seems to def be a different procedure since it doesn't seem to want to grant access to main file system. Which isn't surprising since this a port of the iPhone version. The iPad build can access your local storage, but I guess that in part because of iPadOS. Its seem hell bent on only allowing importing thru materials. I have to play around with it more.

But I do have two other annoyances thus far.

1. The backend eraser on my zBook x2 Pen is not working as an eraser. The eraser end functions literally as the pen end.
    2. Unlike the Windows/iPad builds..single finger panning doesn't seem to be an option and requires two fingers to pan. This feature alone is why I mostly transitioned from Photoshop to Clip Studio in the first place, so I am a bit disappointed that feature hasn't ported over.

6. Shogmaster

I haven't tried onnecting to my Tabmate yet but menu for it is there! Finally get to use that thing I guess. lol

BTW, I feel like CSP is faster on my Note 9 than my Lenovo Helix 2nd generation. @_0

7. Shogmaster

Yoiks Note 9 gets pretty toasty while using CSP.

Also there is noticeable EMR weak spot opposite the main camera array. You can still make marks if you press hard but IAF drops off the cliff there...

8. crazycat

crazycat Scribbler - Standard Member

To all the note 9 owner, have you tried Dex with CSP mobile? Possible to stretch it to full screen?

9. Shogmaster

kinda seem pointless unless the second screen is also pen display somehow...

10. jedah

jedah Pen Pal - Newbie

Is it possible drag and drop the brushes through multi window? I think that's how I did it on the iPad, which was connected to my Onedrive on the native file explorer.

darkmagistric likes this.