cleaning tx2500 fan

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by pechorin, Jun 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pechorin

pechorin Pen Pal - Newbie

my tx2500's fan is full of dust and that makes it get warmer than usually. is there any quick way to clean it?

in my previus laptop, there was a dedicated cover for the fan, is there something like that or must i remove all screws and the full cover?

thanks

2. octagonalman

octagonalman Pen Pal - Newbie

I can get a fair bit out just by holding a vacuum cleaner to the bottom vents!

3. kilimats

kilimats Pen Pal - Newbie

Compressed air

[​IMG]

4. pechorin

pechorin Pen Pal - Newbie

i always thought that compressed air put dust into processor and not take it out and that vacuum cleaner is not powerful enough, but i will have to try, thanks

5. Luthian

Luthian Pen Pal - Newbie

I always spray the compressed air in through the normal Air intake vent that way the dust is blown out through normal channels. It seems to work pretty well.

6. 970261

970261 Scribbler - Standard Member

Adda vacuum cleaner to the "exit" vent and you've got a good system at keeping the vent channels clear...

just adding a thought.

xP

7. Thokas

Thokas Too many laptops...

I've noticed alot more laptops coming in lately with no post issues. Each one had some form of matted junk in the exit of the heat spreaders. Preventing anything from escaping. Resembles dryer lint. I don't know how well a vacuum will do(never tried) but I know a high pressure air line cannot knock the stuff out. Requires a break down of the unit to remove it. Luckily the tx line is easy to take apart. Just take your time and follow anti-static precautions and you'll be fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.