clean win 8 --> Vaio control Center installation

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by antiheld, Apr 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antiheld

antiheld Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello,
    I just installed a clean win 8 pro - 64 Bit Windows Version. I want to install the vaio control Center, but the installer doesn't complete. After loading all necessary Files it says, that there is already a newer Version of the controll Center installed. Then the installer aborts. Had somebody had same Problems or some Hints for an solution?

Thanks
    Antiheld

2. artsjedi

artsjedi Pen Pal - Newbie

Im having same peoblem, i still dont know how to solve it.

3. antiheld

antiheld Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey i fixed it. First I must install the Hotkey Utilities from the sony Support. You although need Sony "Shared Libary" and "Sony Firmware Extension Parser Device". Before installing those, go to your "C:\Users\*Your Username*\AppData\Local\Temp" and delete all Content inside. Then start the Installation of "Shared Libary" and "Sony Firmware Extension Parser Device". If you look at your devicemanager, then there should be 2 unkown devices. Just update the Drivers and select that you want to choose the Folder and choose "C:\Users\*Your Username*\AppData\Local\Temp".

After that you can install the vaio control Center. if that doesn't work try to run the Vaio control Center as Win 7 application. It worked for me :)

good luck
    antiheld

4. artsjedi

Still showing that there is a newer version installed

5. artsjedi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.