Clean Install Windows7 x64 SP1

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by iansalt1983, Apr 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iansalt1983

iansalt1983 Pen Pal - Newbie

When i get my slate i will be carrying out a clean install of Windows7 x64 with SP1 integrated.

Before i do the install i am planning on acquiring the license code and registering Artrage.

But what drivers and programs from the ftp site do i need to install and what ones can i ignore and let widows update install.

Many Thanks

Link To Asus Support FTP Site Here

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. Rob_Oppie

Rob_Oppie Pen Pal - Newbie

I do not now if SP1 has it, but with original Win7, you needed to download the WIFI driver or you would have no way to connect to Windows Update.
    Read clean-installing-windows-on-the-ep121 for more information on this and other hints.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. kurt_hectic

kurt_hectic Scribbler - Standard Member

My advice:
    Download all except vga and pen. Drivers for digitizer you can find on sticked threat and for shure vga drivers comes with windws update- also newer than this from ftp. With other drivers...make windows update and than install one by one. If you already get the newer from windows update you will be inform by pop up information at moment of installation. Thats good pipeline for me ;] I didnt waste time for checking what is newer and what i have already.

Btw. recovery cd's have win 7 x64 and slate will have it. So....why you and others want a new "fresh" and "clean" install? For what?

4. iansalt1983

iansalt1983 Pen Pal - Newbie

I got my slate yesterday, i did a clean install because i live in Germany but i speak very little German,

I decided to download and install all drivers and programs from the ftp site and can say that so far i havent experienced any problem (fingers crossed)

so far im really impressed, I just need to put a few of the programs i require on and the make a ghost image.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.