Clean install of Windows 8 Home 64 bit - generally works BUT WITH NO TOUCH!

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by siatro, Oct 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arejaybee

arejaybee Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a HP TM2 touch screen PC. After upgrade to Win 8 64 I have no touch capability. I upgraded from Win 8 consumer preview edition which worked just fine. Setup did not offer to upgrade the OS and said it would keep nothing. System properties says that computer is "pen support" only, no mention of touch. Also no touch options in control panel "pen and touch" settings. I believe problem to be a bug in Win 8. Also not a BIOS problem since I have a different PC.

RJB

2. oztabletpc

oztabletpc Tablet PC Since 2003

I've had this issue with a Motion Computing J3500 touch for a customer. Strangely our regional lead tech from motion found that replacing the Toshiba hard drive with a Samsung 64Gb SSD made the problem go away. So we assumed that the problem might be related to HDD vs SSD.

I tried 2 Toshiba 128Gb SSDs and a Sandisk 128Gb and found the same problem as the original Toshiba drive.

I've also tried my own Samsung 64Gb SSD and touch worked without issue.

Running the command (bcdedit /set testsigning on) fixed the problem, and strangely I did not have the testmodus watermark either. When I ran the off command touch stopped working again. I turned it on again and touch would still not work... Absolutely bizarre!

I'm running a clean install of Windows 8 Pro 64Bit.