Cintiq pro 16 vs 27 or incoming 24

Discussion in 'Artists' started by icecoldart, Jan 19, 2018.

1. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

sigh. Yes.

I went on a bit of a Cowboys in Arizona bent for a while. (Following the Calvin & Hobbes school of alien landscape design.)

2. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

It's called Connect. Under Project, it should say "Connect to a Wireless Display" and these days any Windows 10 device with wifi counts as a wireless display.

Here's the thread
    - it was introduced in the Anniversary update. Considering how often the question comes up on how to turn our tablet pcs into Cintiqs, I am continually surprised that this feature never got more attention. People have spent how much time on hacking this together? And Microsoft just ups and gives it to us and it's almost entirely ignored.

Also, I did not know that Connect works in windowed mode. I literally just discovered this while writing this post. My Galaxy Book 10 is using my T901 as an extended screen, but IN WINDOWED MODE. I am using my T901 AND my GB10 simultaneously. And pen pressure is passed, but my wifi card and network are not stellar so it's laggy.

It won't completely replace a hardwired pen display, but if you've got a good wireless network and wifi card, it should work alright.

(Note to self: put an AC wifi card in the T901.)

stoneseeker likes this.
  3. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member

4. icecoldart

icecoldart Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah, I've read them as well, but there are many others on amazon.us and other places which praise it.
    To be honest my Perfect setup would be a 17 inch 16:10 cintiq, which has canvas large enough to work comfy
    and portable enough to take it with you when you need it. I know that they have Mobile Studio Pro for that,
    but their pricing is insane and I can't justify spending that much on a companion pc which is OK for now and will be outdated
    really soon.

Cannonlake MSP may be the one to get with 6/8 cores for the i7. but we'll have to wait for that one, and shell out a ton of cash, no doubt..

Anyone got any news on the 24 other than US pricing? Another thing which pisses me off.

Cintiq Pro16 US- 1500 USD Cintiq Pro16 Eu- 1600 eur

1600 eur = 1975 USD as of now, even after sales tax it's considerably more...

So if the non touch Pro 24 does cost 2000 usd I assume it's going to cost around 2100-2200 eur... So I might go after the Wacom refurbished 27 which has the same cost as brand new 16.

I even started to consider the 24 HD touch which is 200 euros cheaper, has that perfect 24 inch and 16:10 aspect ratio, but it's fairly old tech, so not sure if it's worth to go that route.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  5. dumbo

dumbo Pen Pal - Newbie

From Lawrence Mann's latest video 24"/32" pricing will range from $1999 to $3500 depending on features, touch non touch etc (don't quote me). Looks like it will also have option to make it an all in one PC with some detachable component.

YVerloc likes this.
  6. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

THIS IS HUGE!

That is essentially what I was wanting when I built my desktop, a user upgrade-able Surface Studio with Wacom. So excited they are giving us that option. I hope whatever the fitted case used its compatible with standard sized components and hardware.

7. CreateNowSleepLater

CreateNowSleepLater Pen Pal - Newbie

My impressions could not be more different than those negative reviews. I think part of it is compatibility, I also think they have resolved a lot in FW/Drivers.

EDITED To remove Advertising.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2018
    doobiedoobiedum likes this.
  8. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Have you been able to send video at 4K60 via miniDisplayPort without issue?

Given that there are specific tutorials on how to hook it up via mDP and Wacom itself is apparently coming out with hardware revision for the Wacom Link, video connectivity would be the only issue still giving me pause.

9. icecoldart

icecoldart Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok I've placed an order at a local Polish reseller, they're awaiting shipment, so I'll let you guys know when I'll get the brand new 24 incher :)

stoneseeker and thatcomicsguy like this.
  10. dumbo

dumbo Pen Pal - Newbie

Touch or non touch 24"?