Cintiq Pro 13 and 16

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chocow8s, Nov 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThorntonArtStudio.com

ThorntonArtStudio.com Scribbler - Standard Member

Definitely.

I bought a 12wx after my first salary job. It was the best money I ever spent.

Then onto bigger Cintiqs and Surface Pro 3.

Don't forget how much traditional art supplies cost over time...

A Cintiq isn't cheap upfront...but it's free paint forever. (and you become waaay more employable)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
    ATIVQ and thatcomicsguy like this.
  2. ThorntonArtStudio.com

ThorntonArtStudio.com Scribbler - Standard Member

16 (or 15.whatever) seems like a sweet spot for a Cintiq.

I love using a tablet for now. But the reality is, as a 3d artist, I could really benefit from a custom desktop rig.

Don't think I'd want another big Cintiq that couldn't be used on the couch.

Maybe later, but glad to see this option

3. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Ok, you convinced me :)

Although I studied engineering, I always wanted to do art. I love to hear stories about people following their passions.

Perhaps it's time for a career change...

ThorntonArtStudio.com likes this.
  4. AvalonX

AvalonX Scribbler - Standard Member

There are no shortcut keys, it probably has to be included. It will just raise the price. The MobileStudio pro has an I7 and a 3D camera getting it up to 3k. I dont know how they price this above $1299 for 16". I would think the $999 price point stays the same on the 13".

If not Wacom is just asking to fail. There are alternatives now.

5. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I do miss going to the art supply store though... There's nothing quite like filling your basket with multi-coloured treasure loot.

Though, you're right. I shudder to think how much wallet 'loot' I traded over the years to bring all that stuff home...

Just deciding, "Time to refresh my paint supplies!" meant dropping at least a couple hundred bucks.

Oh, but it was fun!

These days, you download a new brush set. It takes ten minutes of internet doo-hickery. But back then.., you'd spy a sweet Windsor Newton or a bottle of green ink of a shade you've never quite been able to mix on your own before, fall in love with the possibilities, and smuggle it all home with glee!

Every phase of life offers its own precious memories. Perusing and buying art supplies in the old days was one of those...

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  6. chocow8s

chocow8s Pen Pal - Newbie

Found this on Reddit, uploaded by Blackheart521: "New Wacom Cintiq Pro 13 at Wacom event in Sydney, Australia"

It shows a preview of the Cintiq Pro 13. That thing is thin! I love my 13HD but I really wish I'd waited before buying now.

In case the video doesn't load correctly, it starts at 6:19. It also shows a bit of the MSP 16 afterwards.

darkmagistric and thatcomicsguy like this.
  7. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I've used the 13HD....from the video it doesn't really look that much thinner. But the way they angled it and the large empty bezels, and those dinky little feet....it really reminds me of the design of the Lenovo L1423p pen monitor more then anything. However the video does seem to show at least 2 wired connections......I was hoping they could engineer it to either have a Battery, or run everything....the video/tablet/power off a single USB C port. But I'm assuming the need for separate AC power will still be a requirement.

8. Yuureikun

Yuureikun Scribbler - Standard Member

9. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Interesting...I'm not sure what they mean by this.

Could the Cintiq Connect actually have wireless video transmission capability too? That would actually make it a lot more attractive as an additional accessory.

10. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Provided its not lag city.....can't help but be reminded of the horror show that was the wireless model Lt1423p.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.