Cintiq Pro 13 and 16

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chocow8s, Nov 3, 2016.

1. chocow8s

chocow8s Pen Pal - Newbie

Just saw this video:

"With Adobe MAX starting today, it's the perfect time to give you a preview of two new products – Wacom Cintiq Pro 13 and Wacom Cintiq Pro 16. If you're at the show, head on over to the Wacom booth to try them for yourself. You can also sign up to learn more here: http://bit.ly/cintiqproinfo"

Prices not announced yet. Any more info and personal experiences appreciated.

Editing to add new info, Nov 16:

The US prices seem to have been released on their official site.

Cintiq Pro 13: $999.95
    https://us-store.wacom.com/Product/wacom-cintiq-pro-13-s01

Cintiq Pro 16: $1,499.95
    https://us-store.wacom.com/Product/wacom-cintiq-pro-16-s01

Some things of note:
    - the 13" is 1080p HD, the 16" is Ultra HD 3840 x 2160
    - 13" has 87% Adobe RGB gamut, 16" has 94%
    - doesn't include the remote (expected I guess, still disappointing)
    - doesn't include a stand, just the pop-out legs
    - includes 6 standard nibs and 4 felt nibs
    (unconfirmed) - includes Wacom Link with USB-C, Mini DisplayPort and USB type A cable/connectors
    - max power consumption is listed as 20 W for both products

(Thanks Azzart and Kvoram for the corrections!)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
    WillAdams and kvoram like this.
  2. mrapplegate

mrapplegate Pen Pal - Newbie

They just posted it to their youtube channel as well.

I'm curious to know how the pros think of this product. I just use a intous pro for photography.

kvoram and chocow8s like this.
  3. Tor

Tor Pen Pal - Newbie

Looking good. The stand legs seem very squish Still 16:9 :( and on a lesser note the fat cartoon pen I hate
    Like the mention " ...you barely touch the screen and it registers.." on the last video

4. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Hi, chocow8s!

There's a thread already firing along about the Pro 13 and Pro 16 you can check out here...

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/wacom-mobilestudio-pro.70872/

We could probably use a dedicated Wacom subsection on the forum now that they're properly into the tablet market.

5. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Actually, these are stand-alone displays separate from the MSPs. I'm guessing Wacom is trying re-establish the Cintiq brand as just for pen displays, and tie the "Mobile Studio" brand to their tablet PC line from now on.

chocow8s likes this.
  6. chocow8s

chocow8s Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi! Thanks, I did see that, but I'm more interested in the Cintiq Pro rather than the Mobile Studio Pro line at the moment, so I thought I'd make a separate post. Hope that's okay!

7. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Oh wow! I totally didn't notice that they were a new product!

I mean, it's an obvious production choice; after doing the development on the Studio Pro series, putting just the screen and EMR layer into a new body is fairly low-hanging fruit stuff. I'd have done the same thing in their place.

And I have to say, the 15.6" system is very first of their small boards which I'd personally have any interest in.

Their 12 and 13 inch boards just seemed like (expensive) teases for the a proper desktop Cintiq. The 15.6" board is the first one which you could probably use for real and not hanker after a giant screen system. Though, barely.

I also agree with you; 16:9 is not a great ratio, IMHO. It probably works fine when you scale it up, but on portables, the mild frustration it presents in landscape mode quickly turns to extremely frustrating when you flip it into portrait.

I wonder how much they'll be priced at? (My guess is that the 13" will be $900 and the 15.6" will be.., oooh, $1200 perhaps).

Utan-chan and chocow8s like this.
  8. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

No way. They'll be much more expensive. The 13HD Touch is $999. My guess is $1299 for the 13 and maybe $1799 - $1999 for the 16. They're asking $3K for the MSP 16.

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  9. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

You know, I've always wondered, isn't the stereotypical artist dirt poor and living on cup noodles? :p

I know, I know...most Cintiqs are bought in volume by art and design studios, but seriously, does the hip freelance artist, happily drawing away on these multi-thousand dollar Cintiqs in the marketing videos actually exist?

Vlad1214 and jubey like this.
  10. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Even when I was at my poorest, I always found money for my favorite tech. Back then it was anything to do with the Amiga.

Pardon the shameless plug, but I think this docu turned out really well. I did a little modeling for it and advised on the history and final edit.