Cintiq 13HD lag :(

Discussion in 'Professions' started by Daria, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Daria

Daria Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi there,

I have recently bought a cintiq 13hd and had a quick test today. The lag is bad and it seems to be causing 'broken' curved lines from time to time (some of them are not smooth). Even with stroke 1. I'm on win 7, with the latest wacom drivers, my PC is definitely powerful enough.

Now, strangely, this is not noticeable when I turn on dual display mode and draw on the tablet surface (like if it was an intuos) but looking at my regular dell screen!

Would appreciate some suggestions..

Many thanks

2. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Did you ever resolve this? This doesn't seem right at all. Are you mirroring your displays or are you extending your desktop? Did you end up installing Windows 7 on that new laptop? (Hope not.)

3. Daria

Daria Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi +surfaceproartist, thanks for replying.

My new laptop should be delivered early next week, so still working on my old machine and Windows 7 :)

I'm extending my desktop, although wanted to mirror, but it didn't work (the coursor seemed to be stuck on the right edge of the screen when mirroring).

This is the kind of latency I'm dealing with (maybe slightly better):

I've read somewhere that people recommend installing older drivers so I'll try that first..

4. surfaceproartist

That looks pretty bad. How are you connected VGA or DVI? The latter might help a little.
    You try any other software than Photoshop?

5. surfaceproartist

Extending your desktop may be overtaxing your video card. Just a wild guess.

6. Daria

Daria Pen Pal - Newbie

I was connected via HDMI and usb 2.0. Today I've read that 3.0 is recommended so I'll try that in a sec - although not sure if my 3.0 ports are working, I think they stopped some time ago (I told you, my pc is in agony :))

My graphic card is AMD Raderon HD 6800.

7. Daria

Daria Pen Pal - Newbie

It seems like downgrading the driver helped! Really odd... Well, I'll give it a few hours of drawing to be able to confirm that the delay is 100% gone.

I've recorded a short video - do you think there's still a delay? It looks a bit slow in the beginning but when I'm drawing I can't really notice it, maybe a small delay that is perfectly acceptable. At least so far - we'll see if it still feels good after a few hours of drawing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/djhykoctwrutjzw/VIDEO0771.mp4?dl=0

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  8. surfaceproartist

Looks okay to me. It's really a matter of what feels right to you.
    What driver did you downgrade? The Wacom or the display driver?

9. Daria

Daria Pen Pal - Newbie

10. Komatsu

Komatsu Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't have a 13hd but I do have a wacom cintiq companion hybrid that can hook to pc or mac and function like a wacom cintiq 13hd touch and there is no way the lag you're experiencing is normal. Lag is usually caused by the pc not the tablet. I've never known a driver change to change lag but if it works then cool beans.