Chromebook Pro w/S-Pen

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by bloodycape, Oct 15, 2016.

1. artistebot

artistebot Scribbler - Standard Member

2. Cuberdon75

Cuberdon75 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the find. What do you think?

3. artistebot

This video proves that, for drawing, the device is functional. It will take a test by an experienced, android-artist to really know for sure.

IMHO, the device has solid hardware that may be held back by software for now. It has a great screen, good size, battery, build and Wacom EMR technology., Samsung did their job, Google needs to step-up and commit too and not take advantage of the faith that Samsung has put into Google.

It is very early and I question the wisdom on Google/Samsung releasing Android apps on Chrome before it is fully functioning and stable. It would be helpful for Google to make it clear that early adopters are essentially beta testing.

Cuberdon75 and WillAdams like this.
  4. artistebot

Cuberdon75 and WillAdams like this.
  5. artistebot

Another inside image via Reddit.

[​IMG]

6. siddhartth

siddhartth Scribbler - Standard Member

it was disappointing. :(
    Google has a lot of work to do. I guess Microsoft deserves more credit for making an OS that runs mobile apps as smooth as legacy desktop programmes. Compared to merged chromeOS and Android, Windows 10 seems a much better product.

7. artistebot

Yeh, it seems to be early still, perhaps Google could make more effort to let people know the product is not complete?

IMHO

They both have their strengths and weakness. Android/iOS are better on a touch screen devices for most uses. Windows is more robust Desktop OS.

8. southdunes

southdunes Scribbler - Standard Member

Spent a few minutes over lunch playing with a demo unit at Best Buy, had mostly negative takeaways. The display was a positive, bright and as advertised, but the fit and finish is otherwise unimpressive. The aluminum feels cheap, as does the keyboard. Trackpad was decent. The stylus functioned poorly and the CB+ crashed altogether while opening Chrome, but I typically cut some slack while looking at demo units. The lasting impression was surprise at the subpar build, especially at that price.

9. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I like the new Avatar.

JoeS, southdunes and kvoram like this.
  10. artistebot

I have a CB+..IMHO:

This is the first time I have used a Chromebook, so far, i am impressed at its simplicity.
    Great Screen, touch works great.
    Android Apps seem to work well, I was expecting problems but so far so good.
    Keyboard keys w slight cupping is noticeable, typing not as good as a Macbook, spongy less clicky, but still comfortable and not distracting.
    Trackpad, so far, works fine for me.
    sPen working well in Infinite Painter and Clover Paint. Slight lag seems comparable to latest note tablet, tip is accurate, minimal offset.
    IMHO I found the finish to be good, not very stylish perhaps, but nicer than many budget devices.

YMMV?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017