Chromebook Pro w/S-Pen

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by bloodycape, Oct 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Please don't tell me Sammy really thinks outfitting Chromebooks with better features is more profitable than doing that on windows tablets and 2 in 1s. Maybe they just feel there's no point in competing with MS, so they'll just go off the beaten path. Loved how the device in that demo started slowing down once the guy had a few tabs open. Well, power to them.

Sent from mTalk

Marty likes this.
  2. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

This site says Samsung already have 4 new models of the Tab Pro S in the works: the SM-W728, SM-W727, SM-W723, and SM-W720.

If they want to go off the beaten path, surely at least one of those models has an S-Pen and digitizer.

Now tell me what arcane rituals must be performed to make this a reality... :D

3. southdunes

southdunes Scribbler - Standard Member

4. artistebot

artistebot Scribbler - Standard Member

Google and Samsung have worked together on this product, as per this message from the Google Chrome Team.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/?nomobile=true#!topic/chromebook-central/TnrZIX8z6cQ

Hey Admins: Maybe this thread should be re-located in the Android sub forum?

5. siddhartth

siddhartth Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I think i have seen pics of Samsung chrombook pro running SNote.

Samsung has finally made a lapto companion for it's Note line.

MSOnenote uses on one drive to sync and SNote uses Evernote to sync between devices.

The question now is can Combined power of SNote+Evernote trump over MSOnenote?

You can scribble a rough idea in your upcoming Samsung Note8 and finish it on a larger canvas that is Samsung chromebook pro.

Onenote desktop App may be unbeatable but SNote is easily way more capable than Onenote Android/iOS App.

And Microsoft doesn't even make a penabled pocketable device that can take pen input. Surfacephone/panosphone remains elusive.

Only way microsoft can secure it's lead in digital inking movement (which it birthed with Surface pen) is by-
    • making a Surfacephone/Surfacepad(7.9)
    • and beating Apple pencil at it's own game i.e effortless inking.
    • improving onenote mobile app to include ink to text/math conversion, Audio and handwriting sync (for meeting-minutes, interviews and lectures), ink replay. (Except for the audio handwriting sync, SNote already does it all)
    I see many students drifting to penabled Chromebooks made by samsung if Microsoft doesn't catch up with expectations of digital inking community.

Windows will be relegated from mainstream to Office and PC gaming platform niche. Which might not be a bad thing because the few things that Microsoft does good, it's actually best at it. Office, OneNote, Azure and Microsoft games are few examples.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  6. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

The Chromebook should have been a Yoga style. I agree the Samsung will likely continue to develop the S-Pen in Android. They have perfected the S-Pen on the Note series and I assume on the Chromebook. For me, however, Windows is best on a tablet.

soh5 and nnthemperor like this.
  7. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

8. artistebot

I read that for the Dell device, only the windows version will support a stylus?

9. artistebot

With the Intel M3 in the Pro model, it may be the fastest sPen equipped device to date, much faster than the Note Pro 12.2.

https://chromeunboxed.com/samsung-pro-vs-plus-which-should-you-buy/

My Note Pro 12.2 has a Octane Score of ~5000. The article tested the Core M3 Octane score of 21,000 and 23,000.

yikes, my 2014 15" MBP scores ~ 29000 - 32000.

Wish it the Pro had a bit more ram or storage...

10. artistebot

Soooo the Plus is out and there are posts in Reddit discussing the Pen functionality:

- Note 7 pen sort of works, the side button does not.
    - Note 7 Pen is smaller and shorter
    - Pen has hover but seems to be not running all the time
    - Android art app performance is all over the place, from smooth the laggy. Sadly AutoDesk SBP seems laggy right now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/chromeos/comments/5u177i/samsung_note_7_vs_chromebook_plus_pen/

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    kvoram and Marty like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.