CHOMP Toolbar (latest version 0.67)

Discussion in 'Artists' started by Takanu, Jun 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Takanu

Takanu Pen Pal - Newbie

Version 0.64 has been released! (Direct Download)
    RELEASE NOTES
    0.64:
    ZBrush
    - Added Move/Rotate/Scale buttons
    - Added Edit/Draw buttons.
    - Added Symmetry and Select buttons
    - Removed the FocusMask button (I didnt get the shortcut right on that one, >.>)
    - I've been using this solidly for a week now and it feels pretty good. This can be considered complete apart from the inclusion of a few more important shortcuts when I find them.

Substance Painter
    Although it runs like crap on anything with an Intel Integrated Graphics card (AKA on 98% of all tablets), I've added a preliminary toolbar for the program anyway. It mimics the layout of the ZBrush toolbar, which although not perfect, seems to work well.

- Added New/Save/Load buttons
    - Added Undo/Redo buttons
    - Added Camera Control Buttons
    - Added Keybind Modifiers (Ctrl/Alt/Shift)
    - Added Focus and Symmetry buttons
    - Added Draw and Eraser tool buttons

I recommend you set the PBR quality to low and keep the texture size low in order to be able to use the program with minimal input lag.

2. Takanu

Takanu Pen Pal - Newbie

Version 0.65 has been released! (Direct Download)
    0.65:
    Touch Profiles
    - Added a touch profile for the Surface Pro 3, thanks to TabletPCReview user VertPusher. It should automatically work when using the toolbar with the Surface Pro 3, but if not, open the script and make it the default touch profile. Simply remove the "(default)" text in front of any touch toolbar profile name, and add it to the touch profile of the SP3.
    - Somehow along the development of CHOMP Toolbar, all the other touch profiles apart from the Sony VAIO Duo 13 got removed. All other touch profiles have been re-added.

Extra Notes
    - Substance Painter after the 1.0 update is more usable on Intel Integrated Graphics. As a result I will try to ensure the toolbar becomes fully featured.

3. Count Vertsalot

Count Vertsalot Pen Pal - Newbie

[​IMG]

Looks to be an error at the very beginning of the script.

EDIT: Scratch that, it looks like that error only comes up when the wrong profile is active.

Can you make a leftie friendly version?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  4. Takanu

Takanu Pen Pal - Newbie

That's really odd, the tray icon is profile independent, I'll try and see if I can replicate the issue and make a fix. What device are you using?

As for a leftie version, its something I really want to do (and it's at the top of my priority list), but I need to really dig into the code and create some new UI elements to facilitate this atm. I'm pretty sure I can instruct you how to change the profile to a leftie mode however. It is unlikely to flip the UI until I make the necessary features however, that may take a while as I'm not very experienced don't have a lot of free time atm :x

5. hamsandwich

hamsandwich Pen Pal - Newbie

signed up just to reply this! i've downloaded 0.65 and there seems to be an error? the message prompt points to line:325 when i try to load the ahk script; i had a look at ur code and the offending line is

ControlGroup := {}

the error message states: "the leftmost character above is illegal in an expression.

thanks again for all the hard work and do tell me if i've somehow managed to stuff this up haha

6. Takanu

Takanu Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey, thanks for the reply, i'm pretty sure it's something to do with the extra touch profiles I added, and it's currently not happening on my Sony VAIO Duo 13, so it's going to be harder for me to debug. Please can you post the tablet model you're using, and a screenshot of the error like Count Vertsalot has, as that one line isn't enough for me to debug with.

For now, edit the script by right clicking it, and look through the touch profiles at the top of the script. Find the tablet model name that matches yours, or pick one you think will work. Remove the "(default)" text in front of the profile name that has it (ensure you copy and paste it so it is spelled and formatted correctly), and add it to the profile you want to use. Ensure the script isn't running while doing this, and run it to see if it fixes the issue. If defaulting none of the scripts will work, post back here :3

EDIT - Released Version 0.66 (Direct Download):
    This release adds a new touch profile for the Thinkpad Yoga (thanks @thewish !), as well as makes a small change to touch profiles that I'm hoping fixes some of the issues people have been experiencing. A new readme file has also been added.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  7. hamsandwich

Hey Takanu thanks for that, sorry it was 3am my time and i didn't think to give you any other info.
    i'm using a surface pro 3, AHK is installed (but i'm just clicking the chomp script atm) and i downloaded both 0.65 and 0.66 from this thread.
    here's a screenshot of the error along with the second way i've tried placing "(default)" in (or around) the tablet profile; (your readme mentioned to put it in front of the name, but in 0.65 (default) was after Sony VAIO )
    appreciate the help btw =]
    Screenshot 2014-11-06 00.40.18 copy.png

8. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hey hamsandwich,

Do you have a recent version of AutoHotkey installed?
    You need the version from here:
    http://ahkscript.org/

(And NOT the deprecated version from here: http://www.autohotkey.com/)

If you're not sure, create a new .ahk file (right-click on the desktop then choose New -> AutoHotkey script), open that file in a text editor and replace the existing test with

Msgbox, %A_Ahkversion%

Save, then double-click on the file to run it. If the number that you see is not 1.1.x, you need to update.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  9. Takanu

Takanu Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for giving me a screenshot, and thanks lblb for trying to help :)

The (default) has to be placed after the name, not before. It sounds like you don't have the right version of AHK like lblb says though, make sure you have the right version :D

10. hamsandwich

Oh man that's embarrassing. LOL thanks heaps lblb that was the problem. i was running 1.0.*; strange because i'm sure i downloaded the version i had from the site. excuse the noobness gentlemen (/women) and thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.