CHOMP Toolbar (latest version 0.67)

Discussion in 'Artists' started by Takanu, Jun 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mimi Min

Mimi Min Pen Pal - Newbie

I got that before too, grab the new version (0.61) if you haven't already :)

2. JorgeVerdugo

JorgeVerdugo Pen Pal - Newbie

work with some bugs surface pro 3

3. JorgeVerdugo

JorgeVerdugo Pen Pal - Newbie

is possible to create and area of touch without a toolbar something like these

with your code ?[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2014
  4. Simo Pumo

Simo Pumo Pen Pal - Newbie

@MimiMin..... yeah I did get 0.61 - but still same error, only on photoshop toolbar (but after that, as I said, on all other toolbars). I presume photoshop.txt toolbar source wasn't really updated (?)

5. Takanu

Takanu Pen Pal - Newbie

Damn, didn't get email notifications on this one, sorry for the delay ^w^.

@Mimi Min Ooooh, i think i understand. Thanks :)

@Simo Pumo, That looks like a naming error on the toolbar, ill fix the script and re-upload it today hopefully. I've also made a few tweaks to the Clip Studio Paint, Substance Designer and ZBrush toolbars that will be uploaded as well, if anyone uses them :). It happens when two UI controls are given the same name in a UI layout.

@JorgeVerdugo The bugs are likely due to the script defaulting to a touch profile not designed for the Surface Pro 3, as the toolbar doesn't currently have a specific SP3 touch profile. You'll need to follow this guide in order to get CHOMP Toolbar working smoothly on your tablet (http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/guide-getting-your-tablet-working-with-touch-toolbars.63949/). If you create a touch profile, upload it here so I can add it to the release version of CHOMP Toolbar and everyone with a Surface Pro 3 can use it :)

It is definitely possible to create larger touch areas than the buttons defined here. Check out this guide for more info on how to create custom toolbars (http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/artdock-guide-compatibility-and-links.58400/). Currently though none of my UI elements have larger button sizes, so you'll have to design your own if you wish to do this.

If i ever get the chance to do some programming on this, here's the current features im aiming for:

COLOURS/COLOUR THEMES - Colours actually look really nice on the toolbar. It's going to require some deeper knowledge of how the Gui works, as well as loading and saving data, but this is probably one of the easier features to add.

PREFERENCES MENU - Tapping the header would open a separate menu, where certain functions could be performed, such as minimising and closing the app, as well as toggling the media bar.

TOOLBAR TYPES - This would add support for floating and radial toolbar types, alongside the traditional docked toolbar with proper docking support. Each program toolbar profile would support all three toolbar types

TOOLBAR SIZE TOGGLE - Particularly for the docked toolbar, but also for the floating one, the number of columns can be dynamically switched.

INTERACTIVE TOOLBAR EDIT - The ability to drag and drop preset application functions and icons onto the toolbar, that can be given keybinds upon tapping them. This would also play into a preset system where people can choose different curated toolbar designs, and make their own to add to the list.

DPI TOGGLE - To account for the wide range of screen DPIs, the application would let the user toggle between 60, 70, 80, 90 and 100px icons, to use on the toolbar.

[​IMG]

6. Takanu

Takanu Pen Pal - Newbie

Version 0.62 is now available, check the first post for details and the download link :)

7. Simo Pumo

OK cool... downloaded ver 0.63... and it seems PS toolbar is now working. Great stuff. TNX! BTW I am on VAIO flip 15.... and now with DPI fix this seems to work without any changes to AHK.

8. Takanu

Takanu Pen Pal - Newbie

Thats great to hear! I'll add the Flip 15 to the compatibility list :D

9. Simo Pumo

Yeah... you know.... it didn't work at all at ver 0.50.... it started working with 0.60 - but I guess because of DPI I had to change MaxX and and MaxY to get buttons to work properly.... now with new fixed DPI it works as it is default.... but I do think that FLIP 15 has RawDataSize=46 instead of 27... but I can't see much difference when I change it... so I don't know. MAxX and Y seem to be the same as Duo13 because of same screen resolution.

10. Takanu

Takanu Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah, it sounds like your DPI setting was the issue, the toolbar wouldn't work for me properly unless the DPI scale is set to 100% either, this was an issue I wanted to address for a while :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.