CHOMP Toolbar (latest version 0.67)

Discussion in 'Artists' started by Takanu, Jun 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Takanu

Takanu Pen Pal - Newbie

Here's some conceptual designs for another iteration on the CHOMP Toolbar, don't know if or when i'll be able to realise this however:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This design would add both colours and a suite of options to the toolbar, as well as floating, docked or radial toolbar modes.

2. Mimi Min

Mimi Min Pen Pal - Newbie

I love it! The addition of the save button = Major point haha. It might be nice to have a "skin" where the buttons have (for example) "Alt" or "Ctrl+S" at the bottom of the box. If there's anything I can do to help, feel free to let me know. I'm pretty much a loser and never have anything scheduled, ever ;)

Have you tried this (from http://ahkscript.org/docs/commands/Gui.htm):

"DPIScale[v1.1.11+]: Use Gui -DPIScale to disable DPI scaling, which is enabled by default. If DPI scaling is enabled on a system with a non-standard DPI setting, the Gui commands automatically scale coordinates and sizes to give controls roughly the same apparent size (but higher resolution). For example, with a DPI of 144 (150%), Gui Show, w100 would make the Gui 150 pixels wide, but A_GuiWidth would still return 100. A_ScreenDPI contains the system's current DPI."

Again, I have no experience with toolbars like this but I'm very willing to learn! :)

3. Takanu

Takanu Pen Pal - Newbie

The save icon has actually been available for a while, I just havent really added it to any toolbar as I hadn't initially thought it useful, but if the program doesnt auto-save i guess it is ^-^.

Thanks for the tip on GUI scaling, i've actually managed to fix the DPI scale so you can now use the toolbar without having to deal with tiny app controls :D

0.61 (Direct Download)

Also thanks for the offer. Honestly this script has been edited very little, the focus here was mainly on the toolbar design itself, as I wanted to try and make something elegant and functional. If i ever figure out a greater development plan for this i'll let you know :)

Mimi Min likes this.
  4. Mimi Min

Yyyeeesss! Downloading immediately, thank you! :)

I'm sort of looking into the docking thing, but what I've found so far is an argument on which way is better. If I find any useful information, I will pass it on to you. :)

Edit:
    Don't suppose this would be of any use to you?

5. Takanu

Takanu Pen Pal - Newbie

@Mimi Min

Oh, also what do you mean by, "It might be nice to have a "skin" where the buttons have (for example) "Alt" or "Ctrl+S" at the bottom of the box." I dont quite follow o-o

6. Mimi Min

Like, for example, the Alt button looks like this (Yay bad ASCII drawing):
    _____
    | ^ |
    |___|

But that was confusing for me at first, so I was thinking something like this:

____
    | ^ |
    |ALT|

Does that make more sense?

I could easily do this myself though, I think, so don't worry about it too much ;)

Edit: OH GOD CURSE OF THE NBSP lol oops sorry But I think you get the idea

7. Mimi Min

Scaling is indeed fixed. Thank you very much ^^

8. Takanu

Takanu Pen Pal - Newbie

NBSP? XD

Also, that icon is Shift... >.>

I do have variants of these buttons because of this available to use, you can view them in the img folder and they just have words that describe the keybind instead. You can just use their file name and substitute them for the currently used icons inside the text folder.

I added these once for elegance more than them being widely understood, the keys used for Shift and Alt are pinched from the Mac keyboard, and CTRL is a spinoff from the CMD icon on Mac OS X too. I'd like to be able to add guides and other things, but like the colours and property menu, its kind of a long shot atm, i do not have the AHK programming experience :p

9. Mimi Min

NBSP = No Break Space, or something; when you put multiple spaces, some things read them as one space instead; nbsp is what forces them to be read as multiple spaces, I think. I fixed the boxes though so it doesn't matter anymore lolol

D'oh! That explains it, I've never been lucky enough to own a Mac :p
    You have more experience than me! Though all of this is making me think it might be useful to try and learn. :)

Hang in there, I'll be rooting for you! :D

10. Simo Pumo

Simo Pumo Pen Pal - Newbie

I am getting an error when attempting to use Photoshop toolbar. (only that one gives this error initially - but once error happens there... then all other toolbars give the same error upon attempting to use them - and one can't switch to other toobars (say Chrome etc) it goes back to default one and stays there).

Any idea what gives? TNX!

chomp-psd-err.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.